NZBB Challenge 2007 - the Final set, Best Overall

Pseudonym

Which contestant has the BEST OVERALL physique?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which contestant has the BEST OVERALL physique?

• Andrew
    • Latimus Dorsi
    • Ohjoshua
    • Poos_n_wees
    • Da_yellow_fellow

The NZBB Challenge

OK you lot, our competitors have done all the hard work - now it's your turn. Don't worry, you've got the easy job. All you have to do is judge them.

Use the poll above to vote on a Best Overall winner. Every member here can vote (yes, even the contestants).

To help you in your decisions, here's a summary of the judging criteria, kindly supplied by one of our resident judges, PointOfView.

1.STRUCTURE (applies to men and women)

Look for good posture, wide shoulders, high chest, straight legs which are not bandy or knock kneed also look for the trunk and limbs to be in proportion (legs not short, body not long or vice versa).

For women of course you look for a muscular yet feminine shape. Structure is extremely important. If you are narrow shouldered or wide waist it will be difficult to win at the top level although nothing is impossible. Above all look at the straightness of legs especially women from the knee to the ankle and you will see how bandy a lot of women are. That is why they stand side on to try and hide that fact. Could be lack of vitamin D as a child with the development of rickets which leads to "bowed" legs.

2.MUSCLE DEVELOPMENT

Look for muscular bulk, balanced development, muscular density.Your survey of the physique should take in not only the muscle group you are looking at but the whole physique. That is why comparison posing is so important as it can show up strengths and weaknesses when performed

3.CONDITION

Definition of muscles must not be confused with emaciation and this applies especially to women some of whom have little muscle then diet down to get into condition.

Once again this is important for contest time as condition can be the difference between winning and losing but there is a tendency to go overboard on condition which can be unhealthy and life threatening.

Remember you must have width in the shoulders, small waist, high chest, balanced structure, muscle bulk and definition and above all a lot of courage.

Good luck

Remember, this poll is JUST for Best Overall. There's another, different, poll for Most Improved. The polls will run for one week.

Vote carefully, because there's a lot at stake... Thanks to the combined contributions of Horleys and NZ Muscle, we will be giving away $500 worth of prizes. Feel free to show/tell them how much you appreciate the support they give us.

Just in case some of you thought you could hide, we want to see photos from:

da_yellow_fellow

poos_n_wees

Latimus Dorsi

ohjoshua

Andrew

I_lift

michael581

Ismall

2BulkUp

How's everyone going with this? Remember, you've got till the end of this week... the clock is ticking! :grin:

So ive got till this sunday to get my legs up to size.... :lol:

Psy: I think that Ismall guy is dead... He asked me to train with him a while back. He sent a couple of txts but I was always busy... I lost the phone and havent seen him on the site since.

Also 2bulk is out too... I bought some protein powder off him and he said he had too much stuff on to train any more.

Ok let me be the first...comparing the first photos with these, one thinks what the hell have i been doing the last 4 1/2 months or whatever it was.

I believe by bodyweight has gone up by about 2kg. My calves although i thought i had been working reasonably hard, still lag badly. Im in the middle of a bulking/strength phase so body fat isnt to much of an issue now, may try cutting to see what i look like in a month or two.

Anyways good/bad and ugly let me know, thanks.

post-1116-14166817439523_thumb.jpg

post-1116-14166817439989_thumb.jpg

post-1116-1416681744076_thumb.jpg

post-1116-14166817441189_thumb.jpg

Ok let me be the first...comparing the first photos with these, one thinks what the hell have i been doing the last 4 1/2 months or whatever it was.

I haven't looked at your Before photos, so I don't know whether that's true or not. I know the feeling though... a couple of years back I posted what were supposed to be "six-month progress pics". Several people genuinely thought I'd posted the same photo twice. :oops:

Anyway, good on you for getting the ball rolling.

I believe by bodyweight has gone up by about 2kg. My calves although i thought i had been working reasonably hard, still lag badly. Im in the middle of a bulking/strength phase so body fat isnt to much of an issue now, may try cutting to see what i look like in a month or two.

Anyways good/bad and ugly let me know, thanks.

Nice going on the 2kg increase latimus thumb.gif and yeah - good one on getting the ball rolling.

You're in the middle of a bulking phase so we won't get to see the fruits of that labour till later me thinks. You'll just have to keep us updated with pics in your journal eh! ;)

Looking good there Latimus Dorsi, your lower back is looking nice and thick, good balance between your arms and shoulders, quads have some good size and shape, keep working at those calfs and I think your hams might be lacking a bit of size ..good to see your still looking reasonably lean for been in the middle of a bulking/strength phase :D

Haven’t had my bf% measurement done but I think I’m sitting around the 5% mark … next comp is the NABBA Hawkes Bay August 4th but I may do the Auckland show in 3 weeks if I feel comfortable with my progress ..how's you prep coming along 2guns?

hey andrew looking really good. i was in your class at wellington 6 weeks ago, looks like you are a lot leaner and harder now. im coming up to the auckland show to watch my mate compete, would be good to see you on stage in that condition.

ok here are my pics....

oh and it prob doesnt make a difference but... last night I was having a few drinks at my mates flat and next thing I can remember I am in a hospital bed at 4am in the morning.

blood all over my clothes and my lips needed stiches....

So I couldnt do a proper pump before my photos as I was real weak.

post-1051-1416681744676_thumb.jpg

post-1051-14166817447224_thumb.jpg

post-1051-14166817447674_thumb.jpg

post-1051-14166817448128_thumb.jpg

Yay for all the people submitting their final pics!

last night I was having a few drinks at my mates flat and next thing I can remember I am in a hospital bed at 4am in the morning.

OMG :shock: :shock: did you find out what happened??

Got my bodyfat tested yesterday.

Skinfold readings:

Right bicep: 3

Right tricep: 12

Subscapular: 11

Superilliac: 9

Total mm: 35

Weight: 72.4kgs

Fat kgs: 15.77

Bodyfat % 21.79

Lean mass: 56.62kgs

smile.gif

Pics were taken bout 10mins ago.

post-642-14166817448585_thumb.jpg

post-642-14166817448848_thumb.jpg

post-642-14166817449103_thumb.jpg

post-642-14166817449394_thumb.jpg

last night I was having a few drinks at my mates flat and next thing I can remember I am in a hospital bed at 4am in the morning.

thts wat happens when u have a mullet :pfft: :pfft:

u have good traps ohjoshua