Sensitive Estradiol Test

Optimized

17 hours ago, Optimized said:

I was wondering if anyone had sensitive estradiol test done? Do we even have this in NZ?

The f*ck is "sensitive" estradiol? If you mean testing estradiol levels (e2) you can just walk in to the lab and ask for it to be done. It costs around 20 something bucks + collection fee from memory..

4 hours ago, ratz99 said:

The f*ck is "sensitive" estradiol? If you mean testing estradiol levels (e2) you can just walk in to the lab and ask for it to be done. It costs around 20 something bucks + collection fee from memory..

According to my literature serum/plasma must be separated from cells within 45 minutes of venipuncture, this is generally not done at my local lab..

Standard E2 testing can be out of range by as much as 10 times (higher) the correct value shown on sensitive oestradiol, causing unnecessary use of AI's...

2 hours ago, Daz69 said:

According to my literature serum/plasma must be separated from cells within 45 minutes of venipuncture, this is generally not done at my local lab..

Standard E2 testing can be out of range by as much as 10 times (higher) the correct value shown on sensitive oestradiol, causing unnecessary use of AI's...

Oh cool LOL. Wow though, that makes me wonder why you'd even bother with the regular one if it's that inaccurate. I'm guessing it still serves a purpose though?

On 2017-6-18 at 7:00 PM, ratz99 said:

Wow though, that makes me wonder why you'd even bother with the regular one if it's that inaccurate. I'm guessing it still serves a purpose though?

I'm curious to know the answer to this, too.

Is the normal E2 test okay for females (presumably the usual candidates for the test) because they have so much more E2, therefore the level of precision is less important? But because guys have less, any variance proportionately makes a much bigger difference?

• 1 year later...

I would also like to know if it is possible to get an Ultrasensitive Estradiol (E2 - Oestradiol) test done here in NZ?

I believe it is vital that the test centre uses Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) NOT Immunoassay (IA) test. If you want to see more about the required test I am looking for in NZ ... Have a look at this link https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/24871/estradiol-sensitive-lc-ms

15 hours ago, AASBandit said:

Hmm, I didnt think any e2 tests were available in NZ by patient request, but only via your doctor. At least at SCL centres. 

The Dr aspect isn't too important (friendly Dr). The real issue is finding a Lab' that has the capability to do the E2 Estradiol (Male Assay) Sensitive LC/MS/MS test.

I understand that Estradiol is very difficult to measure to low levels because of the nature of the way it ionises. Auckland University have the LC/MS/MS capability and can measure to 10pg/mL ..... Is this sensitive enough for a Male assay? I thought the Male range was in the region of 13-54 pg/mL.