Just started at the gym

schwassy

Hey guys,

I'm only 15 and started working out fairly hard at the gym about two or three months ago. Last year i was about 78kgs at an inexcusably high BF %, but when this year came around i decided to do something about it. I'm only 167cm, and currently weigh about 59kgs - not too sure on my BF% now though?

Anyway, just thought i'd say hi - i'm not looking to compete or anything but i'll keep training and lifting hard. Anyway, i just thought i'd share with some other like-minded people out there.

Bear in mind that these pics were just taken on my webcam at about 8.30pm, and unfortunately i hadn't made it to the gym today - so not the most pumped in these, but i'm sure you'll get the idea.

Cheers anyway,

Schwassy

post-1384-14166817457218_thumb.jpg

post-1384-1416681745737_thumb.jpg

post-1384-14166817457516_thumb.jpg

post-1384-14166817457662_thumb.jpg

post-1384-14166817457808_thumb.jpg

post-1384-14166817457955_thumb.jpg

post-1384-14166817458106_thumb.jpg

Bear in mind that these pics were just taken on my webcam at about 8.30pm, and unfortunately i hadn't made it to the gym today - so not the most pumped in these, but i'm sure you'll get the idea.

u should have done some press ups before hand :pfft:

looking bloody good for 15! tht was when i first joined the gym lol... but u look beta than wat i did :lol:

Hey Schwassy. Going by your numbers, that's excellent progress - do you have any "before" pics at 78kgs so we can see where you started?

i'm not looking to compete or anything but i'll keep training and lifting hard.

Yeah right... That's what we all say. Keep training and making this kind of progress, and you'll be itching to show off your physique. I look forward to throwing this quote back at you in a few years time when you've won your first comp. :grin:

Great to have you here schwassy, you remind me a little of myself at your age I'm the same height as you now and was back them also I grew very early. My weight was around the same also with maybe a fraction more muscle hard to tell. Anyway I trained for couple of years when I was 17-19 and loved it put on some good muscle but didn't eat enough!

I had a twelve year break from training (working long hours) and have been back into it for 4 year now. My current stats are 74kg and around 10-12% bodyfat. I've competed sucessfully both here and in Australia to a national level.

The reason I've given you my life history is for these reasons, you never know what is possible in the future, as Pseudonym said if you keep in with like minded people you will probably give it a go one day and love it, you will need to eat as Mike Zero said because you will burn off heap of calories with your training. Eats s...t loads of everything including plenty of protein and you will put on some nice muscle.

anyway that's my bit, I got a little carried away but you might get something from it. :grin:

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the positive comments. I can't find any 'before' pics, but i'll have a bit of a look around and see what i can dig up.

As for the whole eating thing, i've hardly been eating anything for three or four months (probably about 1500 cal per day), but i have been making sure that it's all really healthy - but only in the past week or so have i been eating anywhere near enough protein (don't eat red meat).I have been a bit worried that if i start eating much more, i'll just pack on bodyfat as i was always fairly overweight when i was younger (up until this year, i guess). Any opinions on this?

Anyway, bye for now

Schwassy

Don't worry about protein packing on bodyfat. Yes, technically it's possible, but you'd have to be eating a boatload of protein! Generally an increase in bodyfat will come from too many fats or carbs. And don't worry about waking up fat one day - it doesn't happen overnight. When you find yourself getting too soft, you'll still have plenty of time to tweak the diet back to where it needs to be...