BIG RED

BigRed2007

Looking solid, man. Yeah, your body fat could be lower, but you've obviously got a decent amount of muscle underneath. Once you cut up, you're gonna look awesome.

By the looks of things, you've got the type of body that gains muscle quite easily - but the flip side of that is you gain fat easily too. Your diet is really going to be the thing that makes or breaks your physique (it is for all of us, but that's especially true for people with your body type) so really concentrate on getting that nailed down.

sssup bro !

havent seen you in ages man !

Varun here btw.

I dont go to AUT gym anymore... go to gillies and now in sydney.

Good to see you here mate.. lots of good advice on here.

BTW....

awesome to see you got out of the 140kg bench and have moved on.

I seriously think you are undershooting on deadlift and squat.. im squatting and deadlifting same as you now.. and I know if you put your head to it youll be twice of what you are now in 6 months.. just give it the same amount of dedication as you did to your bench.

Good luck !

Sup guys,

yeah I will post a standing pic soon, just got to get someone at the gym to take a photo when i am working out and flexing.

Sup varun man long time no see, yeah i been doing stuff with deadlifts and squat but not taking it too hard man cause my job requires me to walk alot, so i am building up slowly.

You have to remember I only just start doing deadlifts for about half a year, and its only a matter of time.

also with the food advice yeah, i find that I put on muscle very fast, and then if I dont train it turns into fat very fast. Its very frustrating.

#

I was wondering if anyone on here uses the AU gym?

I seriously think you are undershooting on deadlift and squat.. im squatting and deadlifting same as you now.. .

Varven... plz take into consideration the extra weight BIG RED is lifting in his torso....

I know it sounds funny and this is not aimed as an insult....

but seriously when BR does a squat he's prob lifting an extra 20kg+ then you or most people.

So in theroy if he could reduce his body fat% the numbers on the squat BB with go up (with no increase in strength). :)

can you do chin ups?

I seriously think you are undershooting on deadlift and squat.. im squatting and deadlifting same as you now.. .

Varven... plz take into consideration the extra weight BIG RED is lifting in his torso....

but seriously when BR does a squat he's prob lifting an extra 20kg+ then you or most people.

So in theroy if he could reduce his body fat% the numbers on the squat BB with go up (with no increase in strength). :)

can you do chin ups?

It's not right that a 140kg guy with a 160kg bench squats 140kg. There must be a form issue or muscle imbalance, I'm sure I'd be able to help a bit. I weigh nearly as much as bigred, the extra weight is an advantage in the squat more likely.

See the thing is I haven't concentrated as much as i have with weights on my legs because As a student if I am not able to walk the next day its very hard for me.

I have only been doing dead lifts for half a year, my maximum is 200 kgs but i dont want to exaggerate, i have done 180 kgs before.

Squats, I am not very keen on going heavy because I never had a weight belt before, now that I have got now I am going to start piling on the weights and see how heavy I can go.

Dont worry, I will start pushing things up soon and fast.

I went back to the AUT gym again today, I hit 140 kgs for bench 3 times pretty easy, I am looking to try to start hitting 160 -180 max for bench and start using 140 as my working set.

Bro i duno if i missed it or sumthing but what are your stats? Age weight height, also what is your goal?

If you are training for bodybuilding i dont think maxes should concern you but if you are training to be a powerlifter its a different story. But if its just to get a huge bench well you are on your way.

Its funny cos im actually scared of the size and strength that you will put on once you do start to squat and DL properly. SQUAT BIG get BIG

can you do chin ups?

Ah duno if i agree with this ay ohj :?

Um

Well I did 200 kgs for dead lift, but my technique was shit and I pulled my back. I have gone back to it and done 180kgs but 160 kgs is like my working set for the moment

Bench 160 kgs is my ultimate maximum at the moment

Squats- I have gone up to 160kgs but 140 kgs is my working sets.

I think though like some have said body building is not about how much maximum weight you do, but the reps and stuff.

So I think I have to cut down on the heavy shit and start doing more reps # kill sets

So I think I have to cut down on the heavy shit and start doing more reps # kill sets

Not necessarily.

You have good mass & I'm assuming there's some quality muscle under the bodyfat.

I would check your diet before worrying about playing with your routine.

I never did see too many small powerlifters & you don't see them trying to push out huge numbers of reps in their sets - the only difference between them & bodybuilders is that they don't cut (and they don't worry too much working on the smaller muscle groups).

Have you considered powerlifting instead of bodybuilding?

I never did see too many small powerlifters & you don't see them trying to push out huge numbers of reps in their sets - the only difference between them & bodybuilders is that they don't cut (and they don't worry too much working on the smaller muscle groups).

I've seen small powerlifters, they compete in the U52kg class.

There are HUGE differences between BBs and Powerlifters, the main one being that they train for strength not size. THAT is the reason why they don't push out huge numbers of reps each set. Strength and Hypertrophy training are two very different beasts. The main difference is certainly not that Powerlifters don't cut.

Consider the fact that most powerlifters compete in weight restricted classes, and therefore must watch their caloric intake to some extent.

I've seen small powerlifters, they compete in the U52kg class.

There are HUGE differences between BBs and Powerlifters, the main one being that they train for strength not size. THAT is the reason why they don't push out huge numbers of reps each set. Strength and Hypertrophy training are two very different beasts. The main difference is certainly not that Powerlifters don't cut.

Consider the fact that most powerlifters compete in weight restricted classes, and therefore must watch their caloric intake to some extent.

Bodybuilders do also gain strength but it is within the desired rep range with regards to hypertrophy. Some powerlifters do supplementary exercises in addition to their core lifts and its those exercises that give them hypertrophy ( I think the guys at westside called it RE or repetition effort). the lower rep ranges (1-3) is just another way to gain strength without increasing bodyweight.

speaking of powerlifters Andy Bolton's 1003lbs deadlift was some freaky stuff.

Strength and Hypertrophy training are two very different beasts.

Just because somebody's getting strong doesn't mean they're not growing.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I've always thought that working in the 4-6 reps range results more in functional or myofibrillar hypertrophy as well as strength gains, whereas working in the 1-3 reps range results more in adaptations of the CNS, which is why OLs (I think?) and PLs work in that range on main movements.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I've always thought that working in the 4-6 reps range results more in functional or myofibrillar hypertrophy as well as strength gains, whereas working in the 1-3 reps range results more in adaptations of the CNS, which is why OLs (I think?) and PLs work in that range on main movements.

yeah the 1-3 rep range is exclusively CNS recruitement.

Oh really? You can get strong and grow at the same time? THANK GOD FOR THAT!

If you looked at the training programs (on paper and in the gym) of a powerlifter and a bodybuilder, you would see HUGE differences, both in reps and exercises. The comment that the only differnce between a powerlifter and a BB is that powerlifters don't cut deserved a response.

While you have your text book open Poos, please tell me the difference between type 2 A and B muscle fibers. I can remember that one grows stronger than the other, just can't remember the finer points.