Countdown to 29th April 2007

tallulahangie

Another journal to while away the minutes as I pedal away... :)

12 weeks & 6 days to Competition Day

DAY 1

Started dieting today, 6 days early, but I was so motivated (have been since 1st Jan) that I couldn't help myself.

I weighed myself for the first time in yonks this morning. I wasn't too annoyed with the result but would've liked less, but oh well, got to start somewhere.

Morning cardio is such a breeze here in Brisbane. It gets light at like 4.30am so when I get up around 5.15 it doesn't feel as if I'm getting up in the middle of the night to exercise! Plus it's not cold. I've acclimatised somewhat but the last few nights have been a bit sticky.

I survived day 1 on 4 hours of sleep. Sleep evaded me - I'm already a bundle of nerves & I've barely made a dent in my journey!

Dumped my boyfriend on Australia Day (Friday 26th) so I'm single again after 4 months. It feels really good to be alone again & means I can focus on myself through the next while.

I've started losing it with people already. I pulled up to the gym this evening & this biarch had her car door wide open & I could not park! I waited 2 minutes before she realised I was there. She just glared at me. I nearly hurled abuse at the feral girl. Simply feral - tiny shorts with a generous muffin top to suit! These QLD girls can be real slappers!

Anywho, time to go eat again...

Stay tuned kitty kats! :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started losing it with people already. I pulled up to the gym this evening & this biarch had her car door wide open & I could not park! I waited 2 minutes before she realised I was there. She just glared at me. I nearly hurled abuse at the feral girl. Simply feral - tiny shorts with a generous muffin top to suit! These QLD girls can be real slappers!

Ahhhh.. the dreaded muffin top. Yep, plenty of those around in my neighbourhood too 26326e49.giflol3.gif

Good luck with your prep... look forward to seeing you progress gal clap.gif

DAY 2

Sleep - 4.5 hours

Mood - cranky

***I've had enough already & it's only day 2!***

I stayed up till midnight chatting on MSN. Probably not such a good idea because I was woken up 2.5 hours later by an amazingly intense electrical storm. It was wicked, but it kept me awake for 30 minutes. :S Then the alarm went off at 5.15am...

Not sure what BF % I'm at... I'll look at that at a later date I suppose. This time round I'm not going to get too hung up on what I weigh. I'll go by how I look in the mirror & how my clothes feel.

I'll endeavour to get some pictures this week/weekend. Depending on the standard of them I might just post them here for a laugh.

Time to drag my butt to bed...

This time round I'm not going to get too hung up on what I weigh. I'll go by how I look in the mirror & how my clothes feel.

Good one :nod:

When you think about it, its not about the numbers. It's about the recompositioning and redistribution of muscle and fat. I have no idea how much l'll weigh when I can finally look in the mirror and like what I see... so its all relative, and it makes the 'journey' of training and dieting so much easier to handle :grin:

BUT, if there's a specific weight category you're trying to make for your comp though, I suppose thats a different matter :lol:

DAY 3

Sleep - 6.5hours

Mood - fair

Missed my morning cardio today. Woke up at 5.15am but just couldn't do it mentally or physically. I've got 12 more weeks to get through so I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself yet...

Trained chest tonight - was eversoslightly weaker than normal but generally it was a good train.

I suppose that you are eager to learn what I'm eating... Here's what I ate today:-

Meal 1 - 4 egg whites & 1 baked potato

Meal 2 - 1 can tuna & 80g cottage cheese

Meal 3- Chicken breast & salad (had a can of coke Zero as well :S)

Meal 4 - 1/2 apple & 2 hardboiled eggs (whites only)

Meal 5 - Chicken Breast & mixed veges

Meal 6 - Protein Shake

Work wasn't too bad today. Had a few interesting cases to manage so it took my mind off things. My energy levels are still good and I can still focus reasonably well when given instructions. :) The only thing that got me today was when I tried to dial a case number in the phone instead of the correct phone number... It's moments like these that make me laugh...

We have a morning tea at work on Friday and all have to contribute. I'm in 2 minds as to what I should do. Should I contribute just to be part of the team or should I not. Either way I won't be eating! I'm a little concerned as to what I'll tell my colleagues... I don't want to give it away that I'm dieting this early in the piece in case something goes wrong & my comp plans don't come to fruition... IDEAS ANYBODY?

There's this one particular lady at work who appears to have put on a lot of weight recently. It was quite noticeable today because the shirt she was wearing was popping open at the last button & bursting at the seams. She's a lovely girl and I'd really like to ask her what is going on because she's looking unhealthy. What would the best way to approach this issue with someone?

I've bored you enough for one day - till tomorrow! :)

DAY 4

Sleep - 6 hours

Mood - Good

The end of the week is in sight! Praise the lord!

Today was a fairly good day. Busy at work so my mind was pre-occupied and I didn't really have time to think about how tired I am. Nearly fell asleep on the bus today though!

Here's what I ate today:-

Meal 1 - 2 slices of toast (Vogels)

Meal 2 - 1 sachet porridge with 1 cup low-fat milk & serve protein powder

Meal 3 - Banana & Apple

Meal 4 - 1 can tuna & 1 cup brown rice

Meal 5 - 1 Banana

Meal 6 - Chicken breast & 1 cup brown rice & 1 baked potato

My ex BF called today... What an idiot! He calls me on my mobile & I tell him that I'm at work & that I can't talk & he says 'I know'. When I asked him what he wanted he said that he wanted to know why I had said goodbye to him the way I did on Sunday. I said "Do you know what day it is? It is Thursday. Sunday was 4 days ago and you only decided to call now? A little too late I think. Thank you for calling anyway..." And I terminated the call. Some people! He probably called me because his other root didn't work out. :twisted:

Ah well. Another day gone, another step closer to my goal. :)

I don't want to give it away that I'm dieting this early in the piece in case something goes wrong & my comp plans don't come to fruition...

Actually, I think you should tell everyone you can. That will keep the pressure on you to stick at it. When you feel like giving up, you won't be able to, because you'll have to explain that to everyone. If something outside of your control does go wrong, though, people will understand.

There's this one particular lady at work who appears to have put on a lot of weight recently ... What would the best way to approach this issue with someone?

How about telling her about your comp and your dieting? That broaches the subject with her, and then if she does want to talk, she won't feel like she's bringing it up out of the blue. It also kills two birds with one stone. :D

Great to see another journal.

Like Pseudonym said, you should tell everybody. That way you're even more accountable. My boss knows and has mentioned it to many of our clients and they are interested in the process and I find the more I talk about it the more real it is that there is no way I won't follow through!

What division are you going for and what are your current stats if you

don't mind me asking...

As for the morning tea - you should still be part of the team, it's about sharing after all - you could get creative and make something healthy or sometimes I bake something - I still don't eat it - but it keeps me busy and my mind of eating in the evening (strange but true). I've been like that for so long at work that now people go out of their way to buy things to include me - like a RTD Shake, protein bars, Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Smoked fish, fruit - it's really cool and for the most part the people at work know I'll just eat my planned meal instead.

Good luck - go hard

DAY 5

Sleep - 6 hours

Mood - Great!

Thank Goodness it's Friday! My plan for the weekend - SLEEP!

Today I had a lot more energy. I believe it was due to the fact that I had a hi-carb day yesterday. :) I was a lot happier at work and was quite chatty to people (it could have also been due to the fact that it was Friday).

So I told people at work today my plans to compete - no-one really cared when I told them that I had a comp in April. :( However there is one lady who was really enthusiastic & asked if she could come along to the show - I said of course! An hour later I spoke with her again & she says 'I emailed my husband about your comp and he's really keen to be there too. He's going to invite all his mates from work - you'll really like them, they're great looking blokes and they're going to love you!" I just laughed and said thank you. She's a lovely lady but not quite the full quid sometimes...

Here's what I ate today:-

Meal 1 - 4 egg whites & 2 slices toast (Vogels)

Meal 2 - Baked Potato

Meal 3 - 1 can tuna, baked potato & 1 slice toast (Vogels)

Meal 4 - 1 Banana

Meal 5 - Fish, 1 cup brown rice & 1 cup brocolli

Meal 6 - Banana

Thanks to Pseudonym & Evie for their helpful comments. :)

EVIE - I'm going to compete in the Figure class (Novice - Tall). I'm probably more suited to Shape (NABBA NZ) but they don't have that class here. Don't really have stats apart from weight & height. I'll try & get some pics this weekend & post them if I can. I'm hoping that they'll offer a junior class then I can compete in that & not get my ass wasted by chicks 5-10 years older than me with mature muscle... :)

DAY 6 & 7 (Saturday & Sunday)

Well the weekend draws to a close and I not alot was achieved. I did not get to sleep much either. :(

On Saturday I slept in till 9am and for morning cardio I went for a walk. It was a refreshing change and I enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine (I got burnt though). When I got back I spent a couple of hours doing washing and cleaning. :twisted: In the arvy I went to the shops to get a couple of items and then it was time to train again. For some reason I had a lot of energy and had a fairly good back workout. :)

Food consumed:-

Meal 3 - Chicken breast & salad

Meal 4 - Kangaroo roast and mixed veges

Meal 5 - Protein shake

On Saturday night I had 'coffee' (well it was a green tea actually) with a guy that I met off the internet. He was a charming fellow and we ended up talking for 4.5 hours and then until 2.30am on MSN! :) With internet dating it is often hit & miss situations so I was quite pleased that I met someone that got along with. Definitely on my way to making some new friends! :)

I woke up at 8.30am today. I wasn't tired at all so off I went to do my morning cardio - it was a breeze! When I got back I ate breakfast and forced myself to sleep for a few hours. I woke up 3 hours later at 2pm feeling really good and I still feel good but I'll try and be in bed a bit earlier tonight. Just did cardio & abs this arvy.

Food consumed today:-

Meal 1 - 4 egg whites & baked potato

Meal 2 - Chicken breast & salad

Meal 3 - Kangaroo & mixed veges

Meal 4 - Protein Shake

Looking forward to my hi-carb day tomorrow. :)

DAY 8

Mood - Excellent

Sleep - 7 hours

Food I consumed today:-

Meal 1 - 2 slices toast (Vogels) & 1 cup cooked porridge with sultanas (made with low fat milk)

Meal 2 - 1 apple & 1 banana

Meal 3 - 1 can tuna, 1 cup brown rice & 1 baked potato

Meal 4 - 1 banana

Meal 5 - Chicken breast & 1 cup brown rice

Meal 6 - 1 banana

Yay! Hi-carb day! I love these days. I feel really good today. :)

Weigh - in today. The scales showed a loss of 3.5kg! :shock: I was stoked. At LEAST 2kg of that is water but hey, it's a loss nonetheless & I'm not going to begrudge that. :) I swear that my work pants are everso slightly looser! :)

Trained shoulders tonight. Was quite strong & had a great workout. :)

Just finished watching Motorway Patrol. It's not a bit of wonder that Aussies think that we're dickheads. I was in fits of uncontrollable laughter with that Asian driver who drove up the emergency lane to avoid a traffic jam. He was nutting off about getting caught & he had this crazy accent. OMG it was so funny!

We got an email from our HR person today and at the end of it she writes 'Happy Waitangi Day to all those Kiwis in the company'. I burst out laughing - yeah right! When has a Waitangi day ever been 'happy'? 26th Jan was Australia Day & the Aussies really get into it. There's all these celebrations that span the day & fireworks at night. Australians are extremely proud of their heritage & very patriotic - it's a refreshing change from living in NZ. I really wish NZ could be the same, however there is too much racial segregation and disharmony. :(

Anyway, enjoy your sleep-ins on Waitangi Day!

DAY 8

There's all these celebrations that span the day & fireworks at night. Australians are extremely proud of their heritage & very patriotic - it's a refreshing change from living in NZ. I really wish NZ could be the same, however there is too much racial segregation and disharmony. :(

Really ?

I find NZ too be more patriotic.. Take a look at big day out in Australia... no-one to fly the Aussie flag.. I mean wtf.. its your country! you should be allowed to fly your own flag!

What about all the lebanese rioting in Cronulla ?

What about the serbs/croatians clashing ?

What about that extremist cleric preaching to 2nd generation kids in Aus to rebel against their own country in the name of relegion .

I thought NZ was farrrr better in that aspect..were just slack arses in dealing with things like proper sentences for criminals etc..

anyway enough of politics... what is your immediate target?

Have you got a comp coming up or the like ?

*Typical* Workout

Shoulders (Yesterday)

- Front raises superset with lateral raises - 3 sets - 12, 10, 8 - 4kg, 5kg, 6kg

-Upright rows (bar) - 3 sets - 12, 12, 8 - 17.5kg, 20kg, 20kg

-Shoulder press - 3 sets - 12, 10, 8 - 15kg each side (30kg total)

-Seated lateral raises - 3 sets - 12, 10, 8 - 5kg

-L lateral raises - 3 sets - 12, 10, 8 - 6kg

-Shrugs - 3 sets - 12, 10, 8 - 17.5kg

DAY 9

Mood - Brilliant (until 4.15pm)

Sleep - 6.5 hours

Energy levels are good and I was in a fabulous mood until I left work at 4pm & got stressed when I didn't catch a bus until 4.15pm! It threw my schedule out by 15-20 mins! :S I was peeved to say the least! And it did not get any better when I arrived at the gym. I swear everyone there had better bodies than me & I immediately became dismayed with my reflection in the mirror. :s I really struggled through my tricep workout.

TRICEPS

*I don't know all the name of the exercises but my workout included skullcrushers, cable extension machine & finished with dips. I also did 2 bicep exercises - curls with a weight in each hand and with a bar.

FOOD:-

Meal 1 - 4 egg whites, 2 slices toast (Vogels) & 1 cup milk with protein powder

Meal 2 - 1 baked potato

Meal 3- 1 can tuna, 1 baked potato & 1 slice toast (vogels)

Meal 4 - 1 banana

Meal 5 - Fish, 1/2 cup brown brown rice, 1 cup brocolli

Meal 6 - Protein Shake

Time to check out (I mean check into a loony bin... :P)

nice tricep work... dont foget your close grip b enches!

Take it easy on yourself.. I know what you mean by the mirro image thing.. days when you look at yourself and feel great and other days when you feel like you have no results whatsoever.. hang in there I am sure you are making gains!

ps: you seem sleep deprived.. is it the job that does that .. ? try getting 8 hgours sleep everyday! I can never manage to.. wish I could!

DAY 10

Mood - Brilliant

Sleep - 8 hours

Food

Meal 3 - Chicken breast & salad

Meal 4 - 1/2 apple & 2 hard boiled eggs (no yolk)

Meal 5 - Kangaroo & mixed veges

Meal 6 - Protein Shake

Training - CARDIO

Today was such a fantastic day for no particular reason. My day at work went soooooo quickly! I think it was because my colleague returned from holiday today & there was so much to catch up on (I really did miss him). However, we were told today that there is going to be another reshuffle of desks & I won't be sitting next to Shane any longer. :( We are really great mates & he told me he was disappointed & that he wouldn't be as frank & so forthcoming in conversation with his new neighbour. Poor Shano, he's the only one I trust with all my dieting & training info. But the irony of the situation is that I will be sitting next to 2 fatty boom-booms (I'm sorry, I mean obese ladies) - hopefully my habits will encourage them to clean up their diet! I'm going to have to tell them that they are not allowed to consume junkfood in my presence! :grin:

My colleague Shane (as mentioned above) & I were talking today about my life & my plans etc. He goes to me - 'Gee you've really changed. I've been sitting next to you for 5 months & you've really come along. I'm so proud of you!" To hear those words were magic. You often fail to realise how far you've come until someone mentions it to you. I advised him that I'll probably go through a lot of changes (both physical, mental & emotional) in the next few weeks with this comp prep & he should be aware. :)

Physically I feel awesome and today I'm just so positive! It's the only way to be I guess.

I'm meeting another guy from the internet tonight for 'coffee'. Really looking forward to it. I love meeting new people! :)

Got a SMS from the ex last night. To cut a long story short he was involved in a minor car accident yesterday & I think that he was feeling a little sorry for himself & therefore messaged me. Reiterated to him that it was over & hoped that he could move on with his life. He's a lovely guy but our relationship was rather superficial and my emotional, intellectual & spiritual needs were not being met.

Just listened to "Slice of Heaven"... Gotta love that song! Makes me homesick though...