2 pics from today

jono

Hi Jono,

Looking big these days! If you don't mind letting us know, what are your measurements/bodyweight etc. at the moment? What were you at the start of the year? From looking around the forum it looks as though you've had a particularly successful year training-wise!

thanks man

in those pics i think i was like 109kg

start of the year i was like 75kg ? somewhere round there.

measurements.. well to be honest i really dont take many. only ones i know is arm just under 17, legs ~29.

im 5'10 btw.

yeah this year has been an awesome year for me :)

21 huh , I do think though johno you could lose some body fat which would have you in a more anabolic state, idealy 10 to 14 % body fat is a optimal BF% for muscle growth, but obviously you are growing nicely at present just dont get to "fat" as this will hinder your energy levels and your growth potential , but to date , nice work buddy !!! Regareds Hrdcor

21 huh , I do think though johno you could lose some body fat which would have you in a more anabolic state, idealy 10 to 14 % body fat is a optimal BF% for muscle growth, but obviously you are growing nicely at present just dont get to "fat" as this will hinder your energy levels and your growth potential , but to date , nice work buddy !!! Regareds Hrdcor

thanks man i didnt do any cardio at all this year. just started to do some recently in order to drop a bit of fat

thanks man i didnt do any cardio at all this year.

Hell yeah stuff cardio!! lol get too skinny! and i hate being skinny!!! Just Show me the dumbells damnit!!!! :grin: :grin:

:grin:

show me the FOOD

SHOW ME THE FOOD

SHOW ME THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

I do think though johno you could lose some body fat which would have you in a more anabolic state, idealy 10 to 14 % body fat is a optimal BF% for muscle growth...

I could well be wrong here but I believe the idea that a certain bodyfat percentage range is ideal for muscle growth arose from some research done a few years ago. The research as I recall tested strength and/or lean weight gain with groups of different bodytypes. It was found that those who were leaner gained more lean mass/strength over the course of the experiment than the group with higher bodyfat. The bodybuilding community read the paper and saw this as evidence that staying leaner was better for gaining muscle. Unfortunately this isn't a valid conclusion. It would only be valid if all the groups consisted of people with the exact same somatatype, with the higher bodyfat percentage group containing people who had originally been as lean as the others but had gained the bodyfat through excessive intake. I don't think the researchers controlled for this. Hence it is much more likely that the higher bodyfat percentage group consisted of people of a more endomorphic disposition. The only valid conclusion that can be drawn from a bodybuilding perspective is that mesomorphs are more predisposed to gaining muscle/strength than endomorphs.

I hate being primarily an endomorph. It means essentially I really have to watch what I eat or else....gaining 10kg of bodyweight means 5kg fat, 5kg muscle...suck ass.

Just a reminder: When going for heavy(ier) t-bar rows, farting while doing so can ellicit strange looks from the females nearby.

thanks man

measurements.. well to be honest i really dont take many. only ones i know is arm just under 17, legs ~29.

im 5'10 btw.

34 kg in a year!! Do you realise you have consumed something in the region of 261800 excess calories (1099560 excess kilojoules) this year? Given that your basal energy needs will be higher due to training plus the fact that your metabolism will be running in top gear due to the increased energy intake this is an indicator of real determination! 29" thighs are huge, heck Arnolds were only around 28 and he's 6ft 2. Darn, I better get training (and eating!).

thanks man

im 5'10 btw.

34 kg in a year!! Do you realise you have consumed something in the region of 261800 excess calories (1099560 excess kilojoules) this year? Given that your basal energy needs will be higher due to training plus the fact that your metabolism will be running in top gear due to the increased energy intake this is an indicator of real determination! 29" thighs are huge, heck Arnolds were only around 28 and he's 6ft 2. Darn, I better get training (and eating!).

lol yeah eating .. damn i hate it. i eat till im sick each meal.

his legs were shredded though, mine are not.

basically. heavy squats, heavy legpress, heavy hacksquats i use to build my legs. make sure you use as much ROM as possible.

you gota do those squats eh, every week. i remember one time i had no sleep.. still did my squats :grin: and made progress too :grin:

I hate being primarily an endomorph. It means essentially I really have to watch what I eat or else....gaining 10kg of bodyweight means 5kg fat, 5kg muscle...suck ass.

Just a reminder: When going for heavy(ier) t-bar rows, farting while doing so can ellicit strange looks from the females nearby.

when i train the gym is basically empty :grin: