rear delt exercises

diamond

Heavy rowing movements will hit em hard as well as chins, as for direct work apart from various cable and bent DB flys you could try Behind the back upright rows which is predominantly a trap exercise but has alot of carry over.

Grab a bar bell behind your back/ass with a palms back grip and pull it up above your ass to you lower back, squeeze your elbows back and your traps and rear delts will contract intensly, slowly lower the bar to the starting posision.

I really like doing DB side raises on an incline bench, preferably one flatter than 45 degrees. Lie facing into the bench, and perform side raises as normal. The bench minimises swinging and cheating. You can play with the position of your elbows, bringing them forward or back to shift the emphasis between mid/rear delts and traps.

Hope I can describe this properly but bare with me because I've made amazing progress in the past couple of years with this one.

Leaning slightly forward and supporting yourself a little with your left hand, holding a dumbell in your right and letting it hang slightly forward of your hip, lift the db back behind your hip keeping your arm pretty straight.

It's like a straight arm lat raise but instead of going sideways away from your body you are going backwards.

for the first few times try it with a light weight, maybe 4-6kg for high reps (20+) so that the pump n burn will let you know if your hitting the posterior delt, when it pumps them they will blow up huge but be warned, people may ask you if they can shelter under them during a rain shower!

Hope I can describe this properly but bare with me because I've made amazing progress in the past couple of years with this one.

Leaning slightly forward and supporting yourself a little with your left hand, holding a dumbell in your right and letting it hang slightly forward of your hip, lift the db back behind your hip keeping your arm pretty straight.

It's like a straight arm lat raise but instead of going sideways away from your body you are going backwards.

for the first few times try it with a light weight, maybe 4-6kg for high reps (20+) so that the pump n burn will let you know if your hitting the posterior delt, when it pumps them they will blow up huge but be warned, people may ask you if they can shelter under them during a rain shower!

Are these straight arm kick backs?

If you have a pec dec at your gym, you could sit backwards on it.

You could do lying flys, this targets your rear delts and rhomboids - lie face down on a bench, keeping the elbows slightly bent and at a constant angle throughout. Raise the arms up to the side, keeping them at approximately 90 degrees to the body. Pause at the top for a tight and hard peak contraction. Lower the dumbbells down 1/3 of the way, pause, and then return them to the top of the movement. Pause here, and then lower all the way down. This is one rep. Do not rest the hands on the floor between reps, and minimize the upper trap involvement.

Or:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise ... draise.htm