Anyone tried 8 x 8 programme?

Deburgh

Howdy all

Has anyone tried the 8 x 8 programme? 8 sets of 8 reps with only 20seconds recovery between them.

I guess its unlikely to produce size because of the lower weights. However im thinking to do heavy week and a light week of 8 x 8's.

Thoughts please..

i've done something similar ten seats of ten superseted with 1min rest between eg incline db press 10reps straight in to wide grip chin ups 10reps

thats one set

then finished off work out with 3 sets of flys and 3sets lat pull overs i think thats name for it, got heaps stronger and increassed my endurance

by end of work out nearly sick and lite headed

I guess its unlikely to produce size because of the lower weights.

wat do u mean? 8 reps is perfect... u can put on size by dropping the weight and doing 10 reps in a set

Referring more to the lower weight I have to use to get 8 x 8 with such a short rest in between sets.

yeah but its a different type of training so of course u will have to adjust the weights to work with your rep range and rest period, trust me mate it all comes dowen to what food and how much food u are putting into your body, trainings training imo, ive never fully change my training routine juts add and take away a few different exercises every now and then, just stick to the basics and go hard, i think to many peope try all these advanced training methods when they are even advanced trainers themselves, people complain that they arent gaining and think its time to change their training and its wrong

I did 10 x 10 on the last exercise for legs after doing lunges and squats and pretty much went like this...

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

10 x 61kg 10 sec rest

yea that hurts alot :pfft:

You can use it both ways of course...

If you check my journal, Im doing 8x8 for 3 exercises for the bigger muscle grps and only 1 or 2 for the smaller grps.

I have had to drop back my weights substantially but hoping i will be able to make substantially improvements, weight and growth wise :)

i done a full on german volume training program for 8 weeks looked like this

day 1 chest back

10 sets 10 decline bench press super seted with wide grip chin ups 1-2 min rest in between sets

3 sets of 10 reps db flys superseted with lat pull overs

day two legs

10 sets 10 leg press superseted with leg curls

3 sets of 10 leg abbduction machine

3 sets of 10 leg adduction machine

day 3 arms

10 sets 10reps skull crushes superseted with preacher curls

3 sets 10 shrugs

3 sets of 10 reverse bicept curls

I have also done GVT style programs,

10 sets of 10 Dead lift

10 sets of 10 squat

10 sets of 10 bench

10 sets of 10 chins

1-2min rest period

repete 3x week with slight variations to exercise's e.g. sumo dead lift, front squat, close grip bench, pronated chins,

IMO not sustainable and not ideal for muscle growth but good for a week here and there during bulking.