My Program Tell me What You Think?

Davo1990

Even without reading your routine I know it is rubbish - no legs...why?

You are destined to extremely limited success unless you start doing some heavy squats.

Monday.

Incorporate deadlifts

Wednesday

Do your chest work before your bicep work (larger muscle groups should generally always be done first).

Lat pulldowns are similar to pullups & should be done on back day.

Friday

Throw some upright rows & lateral raises in there & get rid of the front shoulder raises - the anterior delt gets hit hard enough when benching.

For gods sake - add another day in there & get those chicken legs working.

Hey Davo, welcome to the forums. :)

I'm guessing you're 16-17, right? I think you should be absolutely fine doing squats. We've talked about this before on the forum, and someone (was it EU? can anyone remember?) posted several studies showing that weightlifting, even from a young age, has only good effects.

I'll see if I can find the topic for you. Doing squats has a whole host of benefits, but the most interesting is that it helps raise your testosterone levels. Don't worry - nothing to the extent that you'll turn into a freak overnight, but it will help increase your gains everywhere, not just legs, but upper body too. Doing squats is definitely a good idea.

As for the rest of the workout, it looks pretty good, but I've got a few thoughts:

- The number of sets you're doing per workout is possibly bordering on too much, especially if you're a beginner.

- There are a few exercises on Bicep/Chest day that don't seem to fit. Lat pull downs do hit the biceps a bit, but they really should be on back day. I'm not sure what Hammer Grip Incline Dumbbell Press is, but what I'm picturing looks like it's hitting shoulders?

I think you've got the right idea generally, but you might like to look at our Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding. There's a sample workout in there, it includes legs. You get to do squats after all... you lucky person. :grin:

No legs?! NO LEGS?! You guys are mad.

Ever since I've been squatting from the age of 12 I've been getting shorter and shorter by the year. Started when I was 5'3" and now I'm 5'10" and 20 years of age. If my calculations are correct, by the age of 50 I will become one handsome midget. Look out ladies...

Everyone knows squats shrink your height, make you bald, decrease your IQ and increase impotence.

Cable pulleys, that's where the shiet is at jo, chyea!

well it CAN stunt yr growth just everyone is effected differently eu it didnt stunt yr growth thts good but it mite to other ppl. ull find there are probably studys biased to both sides of the arguments

its just the same as 2 ppl using the same cycle of gear and one getting bitch tits and one not getting any sides

different things happen to different ppla dn im sure there are alot of ppl out ther whos growth was stunted due to weight training at a young age and thers alot of ppl who werent effected like tht

well it CAN stunt yr growth just everyone is effected differently eu it didnt stunt yr growth thts good but it mite to other ppl. ull find there are probably studys biased to both sides of the arguments

Yeah .... short guys will always blame being short on early age squats (even if their fathers are 2 foot nothing) :pfft:

Pseudo- Doing squats will help raise your testosterone level- I have not heard that before, is that squats in particular ?

If you are that worried abot doing squata then there are still pleanty of leg excerises you can do. You should do something for legs though

Pseudo- Doing squats will help raise your testosterone level- I have not heard that before, is that squats in particular ?

Squats are always the exercise that is promoted as raising testosterone and growth hormone, but to be honest, I suspect any heavy compound exercise that requires full-body exertion will also do - squats just happen to be really good at it.

I was trying to find a study to back me up, and stumbled across this:

http://www.ifpa-fitness.com/IFPA-FitBit ... _squat.htm

It's not a study, but it is a good how-to article.

Here's a study:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/testosterone.pdf

(Skip down to the "EFFECTS OF EXERCISE CHOICE AND EXERCISE INTENSITY ON TESTOSTERONE CONCENTRATIONS" section.)

Squats are always the exercise that is promoted as raising testosterone and growth hormone, but to be honest, I suspect any heavy compound exercise that requires full-body exertion will also do - squats just happen to be really good at it.

I think it's just the fact that it's one of the larger muscle groups.

The larger the muscle group worked, the more test & GH is produced.

haha, im like 181 or 180 around there almost 6ft, and sit between 67-68kgs How much do you weight now Pseudonym?

there are some before and after photo's of our admin somewhere, I had a look but couldn't find them but they thry are there !

haha, im like 181 or 180 around there almost 6ft, and sit between 67-68kgs How much do you weight now Pseudonym?

there are some before and after photo's of our admin somewhere, I had a look but couldn't find them but they thry are there !

Got ya Deegee ;)

What you looked like BEFORE you lifted weights

EDIT: The "Afters" (from 2 years ago) - http://www.nzbb.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15311#15311

Hey buddy.. theres enough isolation work there to make flex wheeler look silly.

Listen.. dont make the mistake most of us did.

From day one.. stick 2 a few basic exs and eat and you will grow like a gorilla.

You aint going to get stunted,... most of my high school rugby mates started squatting at 16 and now at 22 I dont think youd call them short at 6'0 - 6'5 tall.

Do NOT ignore:

squats

deads

bench

shoulder presses

rows.

Remember boy... if you aint been squatting.. you aint be growing :)

seriously.. i reckon deads and squats alone brought up my body weight some 15kgs over 2 years.