North Harbour Champs

Hi all I have decided to enter the North Harbour BB Champs(NABBA) :D

I finished a 20 week muscle mass programme, body parts twice a week a couple of weeks ago, and just had about 10 days off training, did cardio instead, 3 days in a week an hour each time.

Just started back training today another mass progamme, only training body parts once a week.

I do 45 mins cardio each session of weights, 15 mins before and 30 mins after.

I have just starting to notice results and are very pleased what I see.

Cheers

Dan :roll:

I have finished the first week of my new programme and played pool yesterday to relex, today watched the warriors win and then had a afternoon nap.

I don't know if its the change of programme or what but I seem to look bigger in the mirror the last couple of days.

enough for today just getting ready for roast dinner :grin:

Cheers

Dan 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

just to let you guys know that it is 6 months out from the comp and decided to go in the novice athletic class comp weight 76 kilos and now I am 88 and 27% BF, 64 k lean K and 22 k BF.

only need to lose 2 Kilos a month, 500 Grams per week should be easy but somehow I think it would be hard work, but worth it in the end :pfft:

Cheers

Dan 8)

Hi all

me again

started on strict diet last Thursday, stick to the diet sheet 100% and 1 free meal (Sunday Roast :lol: ), I have been doing interval training (15 mins before workout and 30 mins after) for cardio for about 5 months now and last week swapped to treadmill (15 mins before and 15 mins after). Is there anything better to burn fat, I do not wish to take any other supps other than protein and maybe fat burnners if I need to(as a last measure).

Cheers

Dan 8)

Down to the gym as usual, but running a bit late

:oops:

Legs today

Leg ext 4 sets 10 10 12 15 Dont know kilos but #10 in mc x3 #11 x1

Hack Squat 4 sets 6 10 12 15 105 x 1 110 x 3

Seated leg curls 8 10 12 15 #12x3 #10 x 1

Stiff leged deadlift(db) 10 10 12 12 14 x1 15 x3

Calves

Standing 8 12 15 25 40 x 3 30 x 1

Seated 8 10 12 15 25 x3 20 x1

Leg press (no donkey kick mc at gym) 10 12 15 25 all sets done at 45

most exercises I increased weights from last week

Cheers

Dan 8)

just to let you guys know that it is 6 months out from the comp and decided to go in the novice athletic class comp weight 76 kilos and now I am 88 and 27% BF, 64 k lean K and 22 k BF.

only need to lose 2 Kilos a month, 500 Grams per week should be easy but somehow I think it would be hard work, but worth it in the end :pfft:

Nice one! Definitely sounds doable :grin:

So you've started your diet.. have you got someone looking after your nutrition side of things?

only need to lose 2 Kilos a month, 500 Grams per week should be easy but somehow I think it would be hard work, but worth it in the end

If I where you I’d be aiming for 1kg a week to start of with, it’s better to be ahead of yourself rather then trying to catch up in the last few weeks.

Try doing 30min cardio first thing in the morning before breakfast

What BF% are you aiming to come in at?

1 cup of porriridge, 1/3 cup of friut, 2 scoops of protein powder

1/2 row of rice crackers, 95 gram tin of tuna, rest days row of rice crackers

3 cups of veges, 100-150 grams of chicken or lean meat, 1/2 cup of cooked pasta or rice, twice a week 1 whole egg and 5 whites, 2 pieces of spelt toast

nut bar, piece of fruit

1 potatoe or kumera or pumpkin 2 cups of veges 100-150 grams meat

cup of milo or chocolate (jarrahs low fat)

one free meal a week Sunday roast

all veges are water veges

3-4 liters of water minimum

seems to be working for me :nod:

Cheers

Dan 8)

1 cup of porriridge, 1/3 cup of friut, 2 scoops of protein powder

1/2 row of rice crackers, 95 gram tin of tuna, rest days row of rice crackers

3 cups of veges, 100-150 grams of chicken or lean meat, 1/2 cup of cooked pasta or rice, twice a week 1 whole egg and 5 whites, 2 pieces of spelt toast

nut bar, piece of fruit

1 potatoe or kumera or pumpkin 2 cups of veges 100-150 grams meat

cup of milo or chocolate (jarrahs low fat)

one free meal a week Sunday roast

all veges are water veges

3-4 liters of water minimum

Looks great :grin:

Good to hear you're keeping on track :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been awhile since I have been here

been busy

I have some bad news that I will not be competing in the champs this year, I have been to my PT this week and she thinks that I am not ready at the moment, but have made good progress and very good kick start for next season.

She has a couple of surgestions for me which I will take extremely seriously, increase my daily protien by about 100 grms per day and look at my intenseity.

anyway a better get going take care and I will keep you guys posted on progress.

Cheers

Dan 8)

In my opinon a Kilo a weeks realistic so 17 weeks should give you ample .I know because I went from 85 to 67 dehydrated in twelve weeks .It was hard work but if u dont set yourself a goal and acheive it there wil always be some excuse

Hey Dan, that's gotta be pretty disappointing to hear. It's not the end of the world though - there will be plenty of other competitions in the future, and maybe it is better to take your time. The closer you can get to the finishline, the less you have to dash when the pressure comes on. Remember, bodybuilding is a lifestyle game, and you're in this for the long haul. :)