TCs Big Step

Top Cat

Hey All,

This will be day one of the rest of my life.....oh dear. No no, day one of my body sculpting countdown.

Have decided to enter the June Competition.

Date: June 30th

Class: Novice Figure Tall (so not tall but gotta go with the rules)

Height: 5'6"

Current Weight: 63.5kg

Body Fat: 19%

Background Info:

Have been weight training for a few years and have an alright starting point. Have 14 weeks till comp and am aiming to get to 10% body fat or lower.

Never competed before but have wanted to for a very long time, so iv finally taken the plunge.

Faults at present: Eating, i love my sweets, cakes etc. And i can get a bit shy so the idea of getting up on stage in a skimpy 2 piece infront of a crowd does scare me a little (ok ALOT). But those are both things i can work on.

ummmm wat else....My partner is my spotter so wont have any problems with being pushed in the gym. (poor him)

Just want to keep an up to date diary/journal of my highs, lows and in betweens and hopefully keep me on track to winning my first ever body sculpting competition WOOHOO!

So ..... hi to all that read it, and i welcome your comments, advice and just general chit chat.

Till the next one.......keep it real!

Ciao

TC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the idea of getting up on stage in a skimpy 2 piece infront of a crowd does scare me a little (ok ALOT).

Hey there! I think you'll find by the time you actually get there, you'll have spent so long practising and preparing, you won't have any problems with nerves. And besides, you'll be so sick of eating clean food that if going on stage today means you can have cake tomorrow, you'll be only to happy to get up there! :D

Keep us posted.

Hey All,

Yeah im pretty stoked im finally doing it. Know its gonna be hard yards but one thing im not is shy of hard work!

Thursday

Food

Breakfast - 1/2 porridge, 1 scoop protein, 100g lite peaches

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Lunch - 2c salad, 150g kumera, 150g tuna

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Dinner - 150g chicken, 2 c brocolli/beans

Snack - weight watchers jelly & protein shake (1tsp l-glutamin)

Supplements - Womens multi, flaxseed oil + beloved chromium

Cardio

40min walk

Weights

Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press

12 - 10kg x 2

10 - 12.5kg x 2 (fail)

Smith Machine Mil Press

12 - 10kg x 3

10 - 12.5kg x 1

Upright Row

12 - 20kg x 4

Clean & Jerk

12 - 15kg x 3

10 - 17.5kg x 1

Was a pretty good day. Was a bit jaded by the end of it tho, but managed to stay up and watch Greys Anatomy (phew).

Am struggling with getting my head around not doing too much cardio. Am so use to going to the gym for a 50min run and then 20 on the x-trainer. Have been told to take it down a few notches. so that will be my aim for the coming week.

Till the next one

Keep smiling

TC :wink:

you'll be so sick of eating clean food that if going on stage today means you can have cake tomorrow, you'll be only to happy to get up there! :D

ohhhhhh cake....dont taunt me! :(

oh question for everyone out there - whats everyones views on 'treat meals'? iv read a few things here and there that have mentioned the idea of having a treat meal once a week, sounds freaken fantastic to me, however id like to know everyones thoughts?

treat meals/cheat meals...gosh wher do i begin :grin:

i love em, keeps me holdin ma diet all week jus for that one meal!!

they are good aslong as its jus one per week (imo) but 8 weeks out u have to stop them i think-so your looking at about 6 more cheatmeals b4 comp.

they also help your metabolism and your mental state because dieting takes its toll both physically and mentally.

Personally, I think cheating is good... even unscheduled, unplanned cheating - provided it's done carefully and in moderation. Feeling like you've been a little bit naughty makes you feel you need to be extra-good the rest of the time.

And let's face it... one chocolate biscuit probably contains around 5g carbs. Include it in a post-workout meal, and there's no problem.

Personally, I think cheating is good... even unscheduled, unplanned cheating - provided it's done carefully and in moderation. Feeling like you've been a little bit naughty makes you feel you need to be extra-good the rest of the time.

And let's face it... one chocolate biscuit probably contains around 5g carbs. Include it in a post-workout meal, and there's no problem.

It is good as long as it is not too often, i think the unplanned are the best !

Talking to some of last years top bodybuilders (competition wise), if they cheated on their diets, it was either before or after a leg or back workout, as they felt those two workouts were the most taxing.

To hear someone say a bowl of oats and protein powder two weeks out was cheating kinda freaked me out. It's not like they are off for a massive pack of licqourice alsorts....!

hmmm well the response for the cheat meals was as clear as mud cheers.

right Journal Update Time....

Friday

Food

Breakfast - 1/2 c oats, 1 scoop protein, 100g lite peaches

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Lunch - 150g steak, salad (forgot kumera)

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Dins - 1/2 HPLC bar & Protein shake

Had had a late night at work so went straight to the gym for workout, didnt get home till 8.30pm, and could not for the life of me be bothered cooking some chicken and making a salad so thats the reason behind the very plain dinner.

Weights

Back & Bi's (Favorite)

Own Personal Goal: To do 12 un-assisted wide grip pull ups.

Wide Grip Pull Ups

Set 1 - 2 un-assisted, 12 assisted

Set 2 - 2 un-assisted, 10 assisted

Set 3 - 2/10

Set 4 - 1/9

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs

12 12 12 12

36lb 36lb 36lb 36lb

Seated Row

12 12 12 12

36lb 36lb 42lb 42lb

Bent Ova Rev Flys

12 12 12 12

5kg 5kg 5kg 5kg

Bicep Curls (21s)

Set 1 - 10kg

Set 2 - 10kg

Set 3 - 10kg

Preacher Curls (bar + weight)

10 12 12

+5kg +5kg +5kg

Saturday

Food

Breaky - 1/2 c oats, 1 scoop protein, 100g lite peaches

Snack - 1/2 HPLC bar

Lunch - missed

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Dinner - 150g Chicken salad

Snack - ww jelly

Spent most of the day out and about so missed lunch, woops.

No weights, just 40mins cardio.

-----------------------------------

Rest day tomorrow, wooohoo. havent made a decision on the treat meals yet, will see how i go, if i feel im going insane then il see if i can justify it. i dont much like the idea of feeling like i have to do more exercise to counteract having a treat meal. iv been doing that all my life, justifying eating crap just cos i workout, time to stop making things complicated i think.

All in all tho, i feel not too bad. have had the odd craving for lollies, but not cakes which is a bonus. :wink:

Till the next one.

keep smiling :D

Well to be quite honest i too can eat alot in the weekends, its probly my weakest time. but i find if im keeping busy its not a problem, its the downtime that is my worste enemy.

As for the cheat meal am leaning towards it. but for the next week and a bit il leave it out until i go and see my nutritionist (first appt) and see what she says. (if she says no il fire her, jokes) but yeah i think im the kind of person that needs it, otherwise il be more inclined to stray off the beaten path and binge eat, which we definately dont want.

Update time (woohoo i hear you all say)

Am in a much better mood than about an hour ago, for some reason woke up so flippen tired so didnt do my cardio. tutt tutt i know.

Sunday

Food

Breaky - 1/2 c Oats, 1 serve protein, 100g lite peaches

Snack - went to Girls day out so had samples as snacks

Lunch - chicken salad

Snack - nothing

Dins - 150g chicken and salad

Snack - ww jelly (love these)

REST DAY - WOOHHOOOO

felt so good not having to do anything.

Tonights weight workout will be chest and tri's.

Till the next one

Keep smiling

TC :grin:

i think im the kind of person that needs it, otherwise il be more inclined to stray off the beaten path and binge eat, which we definately dont want.

Word. I find that if I get into the "gotta eat clean 100% of the time" mindset it leads to trouble.

I missed Girls Day Out this year :( Was it better than last years??

didnt make last years, but this years was not too bad. there were a herd of girls there which was kinda frustrating trying to move let alone get to check out all of the stalls. but had a good time and spent a bit of money so always fun!

Update time (woohoo i hear you say)

Monday

Food

Breaky - 1/2 c oats, 100g lite peaches, 1 serve protein

Snack - 1 carb sense EAS bar

Lunch - 150g chicken salad (again forgot kumera)

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar + Apple (apple was not part of eating plan)

Post workout - shake

Dinner - 150g chicken stirfry

Snack - ww jelly

Weights

Chest & Tri's

BB Bench Press (incl. bar weight)

12 12 12 10

30kg 35kg 40kg 40kg

DB Pec Flys

12 12 12 12

7.5kg 7.5kg 7.5kg 7.5kg

Incline DB Press

12 12 12 10

12.5kg 12.5kg 12.5kg 10kg

(was very fatigued from flys)

Assisted Tri Dips

12 12 12 12(spotted from 8)

42lb 36lb 30lb 26lb

Tri Kickbacks

3 x 12 @ 7kg

Tri Pushdowns

3 x 12 @ 42lb

Had a fairly good day, only had my apple that wasnt in my eating plan. got really fatigued in my weights tho, woke up flippen tired to, so felt lethargic all day.

Hopefully a better workout tonight. Will post results tomorrow, shouldnt be too bad, as its legs and i generally enjoy legs as hard as it is.

Till then.....

Keep smiling

TC :grin:

oh my lord, what is it with me this week. 3 days into it and already i want to just crawl into bed and not wake up until its sunny and im in a good mood.

Mood: poor :(

Update for

Tuesday

Food

Breaky - 1/2 c oats, protein, lite peaches

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar

Lunch - 2c salad, chicken, 60g kumera

Snack - 1/2 HPLC Bar + Banana (not in eating plan)

Post workout - shake

Dins - 150g steak, stiry fry veges

Workout

AM - Cardio - RPM class

PM - Weights Legs

Squats (Incl 20kg bar)

12 12 12 12

40kg 42.5kg 45kg 50kg

Leg Press

12 12 12 12

40kg 50kg 55kg 60kg

Split Squats (aka lunge squats) hit brick wall

12 12 10 10

20kg 25kg 25kg 25kg

Leg Extensions

12 12 12 12

24lb 24lb 24lb 24lb

Leg Curls

12 12 12 12

36lb 36lb 36lb 36lb

Was not a good workout at all, was nearly in tears, body pretty much went on strike. Am thinking it might have somethign to do with getting the flu jab last week, my body just has no energy, what i put in isnt doing enough it feels.

Today has already been a bad one, had a piece of louise cake (albeit the size of 1/2 my thumb) but none the less strayed. just feeling so exhausted.

Will see how i feel tonight as to whether i do my shoulders workout, otherwise i may have to push it out to tomorrow and just go home straight to bed.

ohh but am going to check out some surf boards tonight, thats somethign to look forward to, woohoo. another goal for the year is to get better at surfing!

ah well, thats all i have to rant about today folks, so till the next one

i need to take my own advise and keep smiling, but right now im just not feeling it!

so .....

:roll:

Well these past couple of days (or week) has been a shocker.

I have been in such a negative mood, being around such yummy food at work and struggling to stay on top of my plan.

I really really want to do this, more than anything but now im doubting whether i have the sticking power to follow it through. i know its hard work i know this, i just cant seem to drown out the inner voice that keeps saying 'go on have that biscuit, 1 wont matter' and then before i know it iv eaten 3. NOT cool!

i tried to do this competition a few years back, but things got too tuff and i gave up. thats what i do, il make up an excuse and give up. GRRRR, i will NOT be that person anymore. iv done harder things than this before, i just dont know whats changed in me, that makes me so useless lately.

Need some motivation, so tonight im going to get a calendar and cover it in pics of previous winners, im gonna mark goal dates and just focus and try and keep my mind on the goal at the end, not to mention my mini goals in between.

Any tips on motivation would be greatly appreciated.

Till the next one

:shifty: