Oylmpic lifts using DB's....

ohjoshua

My guess is that people use DB's for OL because they're doing high reps for metabolic training. When you're doing high reps with a highly technical lift (especially a lift that uses your whole body), you will find that as you do more reps your body will fatigue quicker (this of course depends on the weight you're using) and as a result your technique will be affected due to accumulation of fatigue. This can increase the chances for an injury. With DB's you can bail out quicker.

Just don't hurt yourself or anybody around you.

I think doing OL with dumbbell is a bit dangerous. DB clean place excessive stress on shoulders, because you can not support the bar on the chest, also the dumbbell tend to travel forward as you catch the weight, so again more stress. The forearm muscles also get stretched too much, increased loads on elbow joint, which may lead to overuse injury. As for DB snatch, it looks very "doggy" to me.

I believe for metabolic training, I would rather do interval sprint + drag sled.

just my 2 cents.

I think doing OL with dumbbell is a bit dangerous. DB clean place excessive stress on shoulders, because you can not support the bar on the chest, also the dumbbell tend to travel forward as you catch the weight, so again more stress. The forearm muscles also get stretched too much, increased loads on elbow joint, which may lead to overuse injury. As for DB snatch, it looks very "doggy" to me.

I believe for metabolic training, I would rather do interval sprint + drag sled.

just my 2 cents.

Smart man right here. ^^

I think if you want a strong core, do some front squats and deadlifts. Kettlebells and one arm Oly stuff for the core is a cop out IMO.

just my 2 cents.

Smart man right here. ^^

I think if you want a strong core, do some front squats and deadlifts. Kettlebells and one arm Oly stuff for the core is a cop out IMO.

Lol, not the kettlebells again.....that douche was annoying.