NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
tii

GABA, ALA , CLA feedback (anyone used?)

Has anyone used before? Just looking to see if they are worth while. Done a bit of googling but it seems to be a mixed bag.

GABA is $20/kg

ALA $50/kg

not sure on CLA

From what I've read about CLA there's isn't much cost benefit in taking it. I looked into it and then just decided to flag and take fish oil and a bit of EV coconut oil here and there.

Haven't tried the others. Where are you getting them from at those prices?

Has anyone used before? Just looking to see if they are worth while. Done a bit of googling but it seems to be a mixed bag.

GABA is $20/kg

ALA $50/kg

not sure on CLA

GABA is banned

GABA is banned

So it's good stuff then? :pfft:

Let's hope you use your top two inches on this one aye? Misuse of Drugs Act penalty for supply/importation appears to be "imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years" :shock: :pfft:

The substance gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) (commonly known as fantasy) and—

(a) the esters, ethers, and amides of GHB; and

(b) all substances from which GHB can be derived, including (without limitation)—

(i) 1,4-butanediol:

(ii) gamma-aminobutyric acid:

(iii) gamma-butyrolactone:

(iv) gamma-hydroxybutyraldehyde; and

Yeah I don;t think I'll be importing it by the kg like this guys is talking about...

I've had ephedrine seized which is a schedule B drug (600x 8mg pills) and I just got a love letter from customs saying they had seized it (with no chance to appeal) ,not to do it again because it is a schedule B and that "subsequent importations of this nature may result in further action being taken"

You'll be fine if you just order in a bottle of caps (although it may get seized) but not if you order a kg of powder...

GABA is banned

So it's good stuff then? :pfft:

Let's hope you use your top two inches on this one aye? Misuse of Drugs Act penalty for supply/importation appears to be "imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years" :shock: :pfft:

The substance gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) (commonly known as fantasy) and—

(a) the esters, ethers, and amides of GHB; and

(b) all substances from which GHB can be derived, including (without limitation)—

(i) 1,4-butanediol:

(ii) gamma-aminobutyric acid:

(iii) gamma-butyrolactone:

(iv) gamma-hydroxybutyraldehyde; and

Is that correct Nate..??

gamma-Aminobutyric acid is an amino acid synthesised from glutamate. GABA is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the CNS.

GABA is generally regarded as not being able to penetrate the blood–brain barrier; it is synthesized in the brain from glutamate.

Our bodies produce small quantity's of GHB from GABA, but its all done in the brain..

From what I have GHB synthesis is from gamma-butyrolactone & Sodium Hydroxide or Potassium Hydroxide..

Can the GABA sold as powders be synthesised into GHB in a lab, I am unsure..??

Your thoughts Pls....

Can the GABA sold as powders be synthesised into GHB in a lab?

Yes via the Sandmeyer reaction to produce the diazonium salt. Hardly worth it though, as you do need a laboratory and GHB is a shitty drug :)

Can the GABA sold as powders be synthesised into GHB in a lab?

Yes via the Sandmeyer reaction to produce the diazonium salt. Hardly worth it though, as you do need a laboratory and GHB is a shitty drug :)

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware, but as the brain can convert it I might have assumed it could be replicated in a lab...

I always found GHB great as a front load.....

I used a high dosage of cla for a good month or 2. I think you need a fair whack of it, I was using 6 caps a day which gets expensive, had to buy from bb.com

I lost weight, but continued to since dropping back to 3 every other day. Tbh its probably my diet and training and very little do do with cla.