PETN

Abstract:

FY2016/2017 was not a good year for me for a number of reasons as outlined briefly below:

A) Contracted ross river virus

B) Realised a circa 65k capital loss as well as a significant paper loss

C) Stopped lifting often. Cancelled gym membership, OTP etc.

D) GF proved she is a slut

In saying that I couldn't really give a f*ck about any of that shit as I firmly believe that everything in our lives is "predetermined" (although it's far too complex to model) and as such those events were always going to be what happened.

Anyway can't do f*ck all about A) above and already took care of D) so that just leaves points B) and C). It is my intention that this journal will become a chronicle of my attempted comeback with respect to these points and hopefully be in a better position physically and financially at the conclusion of FY2017/2018 (Aus I.E. July to June) than I was at the end of FY2015/2016.

Anyway talk is cheap. Will update when I actually do something material.

Short gym session as wanted to grab dinner and quite achey due to not sleeping for the past 38 hours due to work requirements.

Bench

60x7

100x7

150x10

170x5

Shoulders

3 or 4 sets each of db side raises and rear delt fly on reverse fly machine.

Got about 100K in shares currently all in one high risk speculative oil exploration stock. My plan for next week is to reduce exposure if share price increases to make a small profit and to protect some of my capital from a future price drop. If price remains similar I will continue holding and if price drops I will either sell some to reduce exposure or continue holding dependent on the nature and circumstances of the decrease.

I have lost tens of thousands of dollars in a day, both realised and paper losses on different occasions, and it's not a good feeling especially when it's money you've worked for rather than profits of past trades.

IMG_20171119_214815.thumb.jpg.5b9ef0afcfa0784bfcf7481f90bdf81c.jpg

IMG_20171119_215225.thumb.jpg.d6c521811acddcbb9f68c02aacadafab.jpg

Current state. Far from ideal. Only got small mirror so couldn't include legs but they look like shit, same as anyone who doesn't train them.

Trained back tonight.

2 sets pull ups

15 reps

13 reps

2 sets single arm rows on machine.

15 reps 1PPS

25 reps 1PPS

Gym was playing what seemed to be some sort of "best of ACDC" playlist. In reality there is no such thing as "best of ACDC" and all songs sound exactly the same - like shit, so cut session short.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:32 PM, PETN said:

Short gym session as wanted to grab dinner and quite achey due to not sleeping for the past 38 hours due to work requirements.

Bench

60x7

100x7

150x10

170x5

Shoulders

3 or 4 sets each of db side raises and rear delt fly on reverse fly machine.

Got about 100K in shares currently all in one high risk speculative oil exploration stock. My plan for next week is to reduce exposure if share price increases to make a small profit and to protect some of my capital from a future price drop. If price remains similar I will continue holding and if price drops I will either sell some to reduce exposure or continue holding dependent on the nature and circumstances of the decrease.

I have lost tens of thousands of dollars in a day, both realised and paper losses on different occasions, and it's not a good feeling especially when it's money you've worked for rather than profits of past trades.

I brought three bitcoins late 2016. Its grown crazy amount. Paid 1,000USD a coin now current market valve 9,000USD pretty tidy return. 

Yeah would have been good if you'd put more money into it. Some people must have gotten filthy rich from it. I reckon it's risky and a load of shit. 

Hasnt crashed like I thought it would yet though. In my model it can get up to around $15000 before crashing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, PETN said:

Yeah would have been good if you'd put more money into it. Some people must have gotten filthy rich from it. I reckon it's risky and a load of shit. 

Hasnt crashed like I thought it would yet though. In my model it can get up to around $15000 before crashing.

Got a bit higher than I thought (20k rather than 15k) but I wasn't too far off. Irrespective of whether you'll re enter later I hope you sold when it was at stupid prices.

The crash was inevitable as the number of new people buying bitcoin was unsustainable and this demand and associated rapid gain in perceived value was the reason the price went crazy.