Professional BB Drug Use

andrew_k

Yeah. I'd seen it on another forum. I just went back and dug it up - this was my response then:

You know, I think I'm going to have to disagree. That interview isn't shocking at all. Disappointing - yes. Saddening - certainly. But shocking, no.

None of this is exactly news. We all know pros are on the verge of killing themselves with massive drug doses in the quest to get larger and larger. Okay, I didn't realise they'd have to keep doing it for the rest of their shortened lives - but thinking about it, that's not really surprising.

I guess the shocking aspect, if there is one, is the fact that nothing has improved since this article was written - nearly a decade ago.

:cry:

I think it is similar to Formula One racing (just without the money!)

There isn't much focus on technique, just all the artifical aids you can shake a stick at. I think it is crazy that the Pro's have to subject themselves to that just to compete - its illegal and life shortening.

It would be nice to see more focus on symetry and shape, rather than all-out size.

In saying that however, I can understand why people do go on a couple of cycles of steroids to keep them improving, but to do that much, IMO is over the top.

I think, like the article said, the sport is going to have to crash and burn, so something better can be resurrected unless nough of the right people get behind a change soon.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I can understand why people do go on a couple of cycles of steroids to keep them improving, but to do that much, IMO is over the top.

I think, like the article said, the sport is going to have to crash and burn, so something better can be resurrected unless nough of the right people get behind a change soon.

Ditto.

I suppose its like an addiction? Psychological issues? They want to be big - like a certain weight/size. Then they reach that weight and they're still not happy... they want to be even bigger. He's right about how the supplement companies, the judges and such play a part in aggravating the problem.

He makes it seem like hes trapped. He said he was scared of his future, scared for his family etc... why doesn't he just stop? I guess its easier said than done, but from what I read - pro bodybuilding doesn't pay out alot of cash. Is it just for the status and his reputation? Wonder how he gets the dosh to pay for all the drugs he needs? Just seems like such a huge amount. Insane.

What I also find disapointing is that this guy like so many others in the sport complain about the supplement companys but he is probably in thier advertising next to useless product, fooling more beginers that they can get a physique like his by using this product. Continuing the cycle of disilusionment in young bbers which starts them on the track of steroids and other drugs.