Alpha males and beta males

Cornfed

I was wondering which of these categories male members of this forum believed they fitted into.

Just to clarify the terms, as they are often used in application to human populations:

Alpha males, if they seek or accept sexual contact with women, do so on the basis of their own intrinsic merits, e.g. their good looks, intelligence and so forth. The reward for the female in having sex with them would be the sex itself and the prospect of passing superior genes on to her offspring.

Beta males, on the other hand, feel themselves to be of inferior genetic stock and consider that women would be doing them a favour by having sex with them. They therefore seek sex by paying for it in various ways, which is to say they will supplicate and grovel to women, pay them insincere compliments, buy them expensive gifts, become enslaved to them ("marry them", we would say) and so forth. Civilization basically represents the triumph of the beta male way of doing things, with the result that most of the world has become a giant femdom performance, reaching its ultimate nightmarish expression in the modern Western world.

For their part, women want to keep the unearned largess they get from beta males coming, so they raise their sons to be beta males and their daughters to restrict their sexual activities to profitable avenues. However, this conflicts with their instinctual desire to be impregnated by alpha males and pass on the superior alpha genes. I believe the tension created by this conflict is at the heart of much of the nuttiness of women and society in general. The solution for many women is to live parasitically off a beta male while secretly fucking alpha males on the side. This is why ~30% of children born in marriages are not actually fathered by the husband.

Anyway, I would have thought that most lifters would fit into the alpha male category. However, given the propensity of many of them to enter into marriage scams, this may not in fact be the case. What do people think?

well ther cant just be two types of males cause everyones diferent in the way they think act and all tht shit

As with other opposites such as tall/short, rich/poor, intelligent/stupid etc., there are always different degrees and borderline cases, but that doesn't invalidate the terms themselves. With the case of alpha and beta males, these two different outlooks and strategies for dealing with women can clearly be observed on a daily basis once you become sensitized to them. Have you not ever wondered why men are generally expected to pay (in one way or another) women to have sex with them, despite the fact that women also enjoy sex? After all, do stallions have to take mares out to dinner and a movie before sex? The alpha/beta model explains this curious situation perfectly.

Well if humans lived by Cornfed's last example of stallions I'd have to kill/maime any other man who came anywhere near one of the females in my "herd".

I'd say this doesn't really apply to humans as it does to animals because we have emotions - the reason I married my wife is because I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her - not to "pay her for sex".

Well if humans lived by Cornfed's last example of stallions I'd have to kill/maime any other man who came anywhere near one of the females in my "herd".

Why would you have to do this? Most animals don't. Indeed it is beta-maleness that leads to such behaviour, as women want to cling on to their beta male slave ("husband") as a meal ticket and the beta male doesn't want to lose the return, such as it is, on his investment. I see sex as no different in principle from playing table-tennis or any other enjoyable activity - hardly anything to kill over.

I'd say this doesn't really apply to humans as it does to animals because we have emotions - the reason I married my wife is because I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her - not to "pay her for sex".

I'm sure that is how most beta-males rationalize it, but have you considered the possibility that this "love" you speak of is just a delusional construct put about by women to enable them to live parasitically off men. Think of it this way - in terms of resource allocation, who benefits at whose expense? I don't know about your marriage, but in the normal course of events it amounts to the man living according to the dictates of a woman and paying her to raise HER children while receiving absolutely nothing in return other than sex if he is lucky. What exactly do you suppose you gain from your arrangement other than sex (if that)?

Anyway, your response answers my question - one for the beta column.

i dnt think the women always dictates the relationship. i aint whipped dnt know bout u?

In my experience, the social expectation is that any interaction between the sexes will be based not of compromises but concessions, all of which are to be made by men. This seems to be the case in most cultures, but it is blindingly obvious in Western marriages, given that in the event of a divorce the wife will generally get the house, the kids, most of the money and the child support. Seeing this as anything other than a form of slavery is really stretching willful ignorance to the limit.

man. cornfed you must live a sad lonely life eh.

What a really stupid thing to say. You are not going to be able to expand your thinking or learn stuff if you are just going to look for excuses to dismiss anything outside your cultural programming.

each to their own i guess.

Indeed, and should there come a time when you are being taken to the cleaners in the divorce court by your frigid fat bitch-wife who has filed a groundless protection order against you and won't let you see 'your' kids (which there probably will), just remember that the situation is your own fault because that is the path you have chosen.

it depends whether the couple have a prenuptual agreement (not for the kids lol) but for the house/money furniture etc. and im sure thers valid reasons why the wife in MOST CASES would be granted care of the children. and if so the other partner has to pay child support if the other files/applys for it.

anyway dude this has no relavance to bodybuilding

it depends whether the couple have a prenuptual agreement (not for the kids lol) but for the house/money furniture etc. and im sure thers valid reasons why the wife in MOST CASES would be granted care of the children.

The point is that in the general case marriages result in no tangible benefits for the man and many detriments as compared to just fucking and chucking women, but the woman does benefit financially. This would apply even if men were treated fairly in the event of a divorce. Historically, men have generally been pressured into this arrangement by having other opportunities for sexual release denied to them. Hence it makes sense to see marriage as an arrangement whereby men trade resources for sex.

anyway dude this has no relavance to bodybuilding

For one thing, this is posted in the "General Chitchat" section. For another thing, the relevance is to see whether most lifters are alpha males, as one might think at first glance, or whether they are mostly beta supplicants like everyone else. Much like the issue of what percentage of lifters are gay, I think it would be interesting and instructive to know.

yeah well just because yr a bb and posess a good body perhaps.

doesnt mean yr into fucking nething tht walks or doesnt walk for tht matter! hahaha

im sure thers alot of body builders out ther who r faithful and have great marrages.

just look at jay cutler hes been with his wife since he was 16

yeah well just because yr a bb and posess a good body perhaps.

doesnt mean yr into fucking nething tht walks or doesnt walk for tht matter! hahaha

im sure thers alot of body builders out ther who r faithful and have great marrages.

just look at jay cutler hes been with his wife since he was 16

I expect you're right.

bt i forgot to ask wat r u cornfed?

Well, as you might have guessed, I don't see why I should have to pay women for sex and think many of them would benefit from having sex with me without receiving further payment, so this would make me an alpha male by the previous definition. This is an orientation and doesn't say anything about how much sex you are getting. Personally, I don't sex as being a particularly big deal.