maybe hardcore can answer this but you deserved yours

and there is no pro qualifiers here

but in other countries

like australia they have 2 one for the open class and one for the masters

in the usa the have between 2-3 the usa the nationals and sometimes

the north americans

the uk have there's and the other countries

so why dont we have one

The problem varied but it relates back to one thing , the drug testing.

When BJ and Marc R got there Pro cards and went out and hit the pro international stage, guys started thinking "holy shit , look at Johns and Rainbow they are up there with Flex , Cormier and who ever elese you wanna mention and they are in the mags, cool thats what I wanna do , then bang in came the drug testing, and all of a sudden those who were wanting to get a pro card couldnt take the risk of getting caught , so they either left the country or left the NZFBB, then in came the so called natural brigade and they started wining the MR NZ title all weighing around 70 kg and not of any where near the standard of the pre drug testing guys, and they new it so none of the guys actualy wanted to apply for a pro card as they new they were not up to standard .

Then guys like Justin and Moe whom where determined to gain pro status basiclly bucked the system and went behind the NZFBBs back.

Most countrys grant auto matic Pro status to their national champions, and this is usally the preferred option for most , it is the second tered athletes whom end up going to the worlds in alot of cases , especialy in euope and the states,In the USA each class winner gains Pro status from the USA nationals whilst in Aussie they have a pro qualifier each year, I dont think we should have a pro qualifier each year , as we are to small for that , but i beleive the Mr NZ should be giving pro staus if wanted void of the drug testing !!!All this would be doing is keeping in line with the rest of the world, shit it is bodybuilding here we are talking about not a damm olympic sport , we are a identity out on our own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is something intresting , the NZFBB president who up holds the drug testing in the federation , actualy gave hymself a pro card !!!

Hi ya hrdcor , how did I buck the system to get my pro-card ? the NZFBB gave me mine to. I do agree all to do with the drug testing how is someone supposed to look pro standard when the are supposedly natural and competiting in NZFBB. I think having a pro card show every 2 years that every past NZFBB national champion can compete in like the Oz pro-qualifier would be good idea , also no drug testing at the event would be great idea :)

The problem varied but it relates back to one thing , the drug testing.

When BJ and Marc R got there Pro cards and went out and hit the pro international stage, guys started thinking "holy shit , look at Johns and Rainbow they are up there with Flex , Cormier and who ever elese you wanna mention and they are in the mags, cool thats what I wanna do , then bang in came the drug testing, and all of a sudden those who were wanting to get a pro card couldnt take the risk of getting caught , so they either left the country or left the NZFBB, then in came the so called natural brigade and they started wining the MR NZ title all weighing around 70 kg and not of any where near the standard of the pre drug testing guys, and they new it so none of the guys actualy wanted to apply for a pro card as they new they were not up to standard .

Then guys like Justin and Moe whom where determined to gain pro status basiclly bucked the system and went behind the NZFBBs back.

Most countrys grant auto matic Pro status to their national champions, and this is usally the preferred option for most , it is the second tered athletes whom end up going to the worlds in alot of cases , especialy in euope and the states,In the USA each class winner gains Pro status from the USA nationals whilst in Aussie they have a pro qualifier each year, I dont think we should have a pro qualifier each year , as we are to small for that , but i beleive the Mr NZ should be giving pro staus if wanted void of the drug testing !!!All this would be doing is keeping in line with the rest of the world, shit it is bodybuilding here we are talking about not a damm olympic sport , we are a identity out on our own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is something intresting , the NZFBB president who up holds the drug testing in the federation , actualy gave hymself a pro card !!!

Sory Bigkiwi , I meant no disrespect, what I should have said is that you did not realy have the full support of the NZFBB in your application for a Pro card due the piont that you had refused to take a drug test, thus being deemed positive and being given a 2 year suspension. Some members of the NZFBB committe at the time were dead against your request to turn Pro due to this infringement , but it reality it meant shit any how , and the influiance of your and my friend boris put the vote in your favour, all this went on when in reality you realy shouldnt have been subject to it as you wanted to turn pro , not go to the worlds !!!

Ohh ok yep totally see where ya coming from bro :):) by the way hope ya had awesome NEW YEARS MY FRIEND

Yep bro my goal has always been to turn pro and the Worlds as you say were a total nothing to me.

The one thing that does make me laugh is that if the drug testing was in place at earlier date would any of the former champions of past there test at all ??? prob very few :):):)

Sory Bigkiwi , I meant no disrespect, what I should have said is that you did not realy have the full support of the NZFBB in your application for a Pro card due the piont that you had refused to take a drug test, thus being deemed positive and being given a 2 year suspension. Some members of the NZFBB committe at the time were dead against your request to turn Pro due to this infringement , but it reality it meant shit any how , and the influiance of your and my friend boris put the vote in your favour, all this went on when in reality you realy shouldnt have been subject to it as you wanted to turn pro , not go to the worlds !!!

The drug testing was brought in after my reighn as Mr NZ but if it had been in when I was competting as a amature I probibly would have passed as I would have manipulated the system to do so either that or I would have won the title , but failed my test , then in which case I would have got Lee to organise my pro card whilst i was in the states !!!

Thats probibly how it would have gone!!

Actualy looking back to those good old days I remember in my class alone(under 90kg) there where about 12 competitiors, and probibly all of us would have been sweating the test!!!, probibly 80%of the whole show would have been !!!!

The intresting thing is who alot of the guys were getting their gear off !!!---- but thats a whole different story all together !!

Hey Big Kiwi you doing the Aussie Grand Prix ???

I take it hrdcor that what your saying is that if the NZFBB were to get rid of the drug testing they would get a lot more competitors and a better standard. Probably correct. Back in your amateur days there was possibly a little less media interest in anabolic steroids and not quite as much negative public outcry etc about them. Now everyone seems to know about them even if what they read in the papers is rubbish.

well its hard to know what money the NZFBB gets from SPARK , in the financials ending oct 05 it says the NZFBB got $9650-00 from Grants and Donations , but there is no break down of how or where this money came from, but that is only equal to 7% of the income the NZFBB get, but at the end of Oct05 the NZFBB was still $34727-00 in debt--- so I would suggest increased audiance attendance and increased sponcership commitment would be far greater in value than a 9 grand overall, if things were to change for the better !! Wouldnt you !!

yeah but if they could get more sponsers dnt u think theyd already have them?

nobody wants to sponser if they dnt see any thing in it for themselves or the business.

and i dnt think the nz bodybuilding audiences will be changing dramatically for a long time.

its not like rugby or basketball wher u get big crowds. its mostly just the hard outs and the familys of the competitors.

but thts just my opinion only time will tell hey