BODYBUILDING PHOTOGRAPHY

liftathomeguy

Hi guys - I just got a GREAT new digital camera! Very exciting. Proper lens and all the pro settings. I'm a bit sick of taking pictures of family, trees and cats though - would any of you lot be up for some modelling? I know I sound like a perv but it'd just be cool to experiment photographing some nice bodies and some of you lot might want some decent prints of yourselves looking great - lets face it - the muscles wont last forever! hehe.

Hi guys - I just got a GREAT new digital camera! Very exciting. Proper lens and all the pro settings. I'm a bit sick of taking pictures of family, trees and cats though - would any of you lot be up for some modelling? I know I sound like a perv but it'd just be cool to experiment photographing some nice bodies and some of you lot might want some decent prints of yourselves looking great - lets face it - the muscles wont last forever! hehe.

you do sound like a perv lol

oh come on. Some of you guys seem pretty insecure about that kind of thing. Men who spend a disproportionate percentage of their time building and sculpting their bodies are naturally going to be admired by gay men. I would have thought this was a given. Ok - i retract my offer of photography completely, so that you don't suspect my motives when I say some of you need to lighten up!

oh come on. Some of you guys seem pretty insecure about that kind of thing. Men who spend a disproportionate percentage of their time building and sculpting their bodies are naturally going to be admired by gay men. I would have thought this was a given. Ok - i retract my offer of photography completely, so that you don't suspect my motives when I say some of you need to lighten up!

its peoples right to make up their own minds about how they feel.

i'm not hiding. umm..what do i think? not that much to be honest. it's too hot to think. But about this issue...yeah i guess i do think that maybe there are some bodybuilders out there who get a kick out of bulking up and trimming down so they are big and hard and ripped and their bodies are basically more attractive to women AND men on a really basic level. I'd even go so far as to suggest it is a sexual thing - the satisfaction and gratification some guys (and i guess girls) get out of the sport, or lifestyle of bodybuilding. When people deny that so staunchly I guess i do question that - why else would people work so hard and often using dodgey substances (and of course im not accusing you guys of that - just making my point) to build their bodies? for fitness? Rubbish. For self confidence and esteem? Sure - but that's part of sexuality.

i'm not hiding. umm..what do i think? not that much to be honest. it's too hot to think. But about this issue...yeah i guess i do think that maybe there are some bodybuilders out there who get a kick out of bulking up and trimming down so they are big and hard and ripped and their bodies are basically more attractive to women AND men on a really basic level. I'd even go so far as to suggest it is a sexual thing - the satisfaction and gratification some guys (and i guess girls) get out of the sport, or lifestyle of bodybuilding. When people deny that so staunchly I guess i do question that - why else would people work so hard and often using dodgey substances (and of course im not accusing you guys of that - just making my point) to build their bodies? for fitness? Rubbish. For self confidence and esteem? Sure - but that's part of sexuality.

i wasnt even talking to you with that comment. pay attention to who i quoted.

im gay AND seriously totally into bodybuilding. I admit i have trouble staying motivated but ive been into it for years. I want to train so that i feel better about myself and look better. I love it when people say "man have you been lifting weights?" and all that stuff. DOnt we all enjoy that? And yes I love it when a gay guy says that I have a sexy body. What's wrong with that? And if you dont have to be strong to build a bbing comp (yeah yeah i know comp condition bbers are at their weakest) it IS all about aesthetics - which I still maintain - are very homo-erotic ones in the eyes of bbing judges - symmetry, mass, condition, skin tone, muscularity, posing ability - it's all sexy as hell. You cant seriously tell me strutting around onstage in a tiny thong - hitting all those poses - ab thigh, lat spread, double biceps...it's all about displaying maximum testosterone fuelled masculinity - which I hope I dont have to tell you is quite big in the gay scene (and I dont mean the 'scene' because I dont actually know what that is)