Best protein shake in NZ to take?

spikestrike

I've always liked the Balance unflavoured Ion Exchange whey - no sweeteners at all plus it's very low in fat and carbs. Try Endorphin Systems, they've got a good range.

I've been using the WPC from Fonterra this year - it's the best bang for the bucks IMHO but you have to get 20kg at a time. Not great in terms of protein content vs. fats and carbs compared to a good isolate though.

Devine Protein by far !!! Thats because I desighned it !!!

We make it with the highest grade Whey, as advised by the Fontera Food Technical Team but it is the flavouring that sets it apart form the rest, it is very very creamy in taste and texture and very smooth in sweetness, we wanted to aviod the sugary taste and texture, this protein took us 7 months to get right and we had to go to ireland to get our flavouring profiles, and it is amazing , sure i am biased but our clients tell us this all the time , we sell more of Devine out of the store than some companys sell there protein nation wide , we ship it all over NZ because we have clients that wont eat any thing elese !!

It is truely insatised ( this is a good test of the protein quality)

No artficial flavours or sweetners

99%lactose free

Low carb

Check it out on http://www.rnc.co.nz

Whey Protein in New Zealand.. What a joke!! NZ produces the highest grade whey proteins in the friggin world.. and these sharks here sell all this crap at next to extortionate prices.

A buddy of mine at the gym has a friend who worked for Fonterra.. Now at some supplement company in Palmerston North.. We buy this pure whey powder.. I mean this stuff goes down like buttermilk.. No fillers, no shit. nothin. It mixes better than the store stuff.. and you don't need any flavoring. We get it for some $50 a kilo! I can always ask if he can do more next time (he prepares it specially in a sterile lab) and if interested, we can have some others go in on it next time..

When I don't have this, I've used the Balance Product (like Ash).. I don't like fillers, sweeteners, etc. I also got Optimum Natural Whey from the USA at some $US 28 for 5 lbs! (of course, there's shipping) so I buy heaps at a time.

Cheers-

We make it with the highest grade Whey, as advised by the Fontera Food Technical Team but it is the flavouring that sets it apart form the rest, it is very very creamy in taste and texture and very smooth in sweetness, we wanted to aviod the sugary taste and texture, this protein took us 7 months to get right and we had to go to ireland to get our flavouring profiles, and it is amazing , sure i am biased but our clients tell us this all the time , we sell more of Devine out of the store than some companys sell there protein nation wide , we ship it all over NZ because we have clients that wont eat any thing elese !!

99%lactose free

Low carb

Just read this in more detail.. You don't know a Terry S. in Christchurch? This sounds like the same killer stuff he's getting. If it is.. this stuff is head and shoulders above anything else out there.

I've been using the WPC from Fonterra this year - it's the best bang for the bucks IMHO but you have to get 20kg at a time. Not great in terms of protein content vs. fats and carbs compared to a good isolate though.

Any gastrointestinal disturbances thus far? (Don't know if you're lact-intolerant)

Flatulence?

Any gastrointestinal disturbances thus far? (Don't know if you're lact-intolerant)

Flatulence?

Nope - I'm lucky in that I seem to have no issues whatsoever with lactose. I used to drink 2L of milk a day with no ill effects, so a bit of whey powder doesnt bother me. I've worked through 20kg of the stuff this year.

As a vego, if I started having trouble with dairy foods, I would be stuffed.

Flatulence?

Nope - I'm lucky in that I seem to have no issues whatsoever with lactose. I used to drink 2L of milk a day with no ill effects, so a bit of whey powder doesnt bother me. I've worked through 20kg of the stuff this year.

As a vego, if I started having trouble with dairy foods, I would be stuffed.

Are you 'upgrading' to WPI next year or sticking with WPC (assuming that you still have the stuff left over in large quantities) ?

Man, I was just gonna say about being a vegetarian. You must eat alot of dairy to compensate for all that meat protein.

Thanks for the feedback Ash.

Are you 'upgrading' to WPI next year or sticking with WPC (assuming that you still have the stuff left over in large quantities) ?

Don't know - I've just got in 20 more kg, 1/2 of which I'm splitting with Varven. The WPI is pretty much twice the price, so what I would like to do is get 20kg and split it 4 ways to give it a try and see how I like it.

Man, I was just gonna say about being a vegetarian. You must eat alot of dairy to compensate for all that meat protein.

A fair amount - lots of cottage cheese plus a bit of milk and low fat cheese in addition to the WPC.

Thanks for the feedback Ash.

No worries - when are you going vegetarian? :wink:

Don't know - I've just got in 20 more kg, 1/2 of which I'm splitting with Varven. The WPI is pretty much twice the price, so what I would like to do is get 20kg and split it 4 ways to give it a try and see how I like it.

Good idea, splitting is definately a way to go.

No worries - when are you going vegetarian? :wink:

Probably when I'm dead or somewhere around there.

Being lactose-intolerant is shit. You can include the pun if you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Flatulence?

I tried a sample from Ash, and im lactose intolerant.

Believe it or not, i was on it for 2 whole days with no ill effects.

I was surprised.

99%lactose free

Low carb

Having a look at your website.

whats the break down like mate ?

I couldnt find a link to that...

how many servings for 2.5kg tub and how much protein per serving?

Cheers,

V.V.

99%lactose free

Low carb

I use this now, and it is the best protien I have tried in Nz the only problem with it is they run out of it in certain sizes. it pays to phone first ti make sure they have it in stock before visiting the store.

• 1 month later...

99%lactose free

Low carb

I've bought the butterscotch toffee royale & vanilla flavours... both really good. You don't even need a blender to mix it :)

And no, I don't work for RNC lol

Nutritional Content

**Per 30g serve (2 scoops):

Energy: 119kcal

Protein: 23g

Carbs: 3.8g

Added Simple Sugar: NIL

Fat: 1.8g

Sodium: 60mg

Potassium: 205mg

Calcium: 97mg

Natural Flavours: 0.4g

Ingredients:

Micro-filtered cross-flow whey protein concentrate, xanthum gum, natural flavours, naturally occuring sweetener, natural colourings, soy lecithin

• 1 month later...