Neutrex lipo-6

Tehhaxorr

Yohimbe is prescription only in NZ so you need a pharmaceutical licence to import and sell, and a prescription to purchase. They seem to have a few Yohimbe based products so it looks like these guys have probably imported it without a licence and haven't the foggiest idea what they are selling. Yohimbe is all the rage (again) in the USA so they're no doubt selling what is big in the US and don't actually know very much about sports nutrition. It's a bit of a worry really considering they are selling Taraxatone - a herbal diuretic - and have it in the diet pills section, plus a product called Zantrex that has 320mg of caffeine per serving!!!, which is recommended to use one serving before each meal. I'm not too sure I'd want to use 960mg of caffeine a day (based on joe average 3 meals/day).

plus a product called Zantrex that has 320mg of caffeine per serving!!!, which is recommended to use one serving before each meal. I'm not too sure I'd want to use 960mg of caffeine a day (based on joe average 3 meals/day).

LOL - a gram of caffeine a day. Holy insomnia Batman :clubbed:

these guys have probably imported it without a licence and haven't the foggiest idea what they are selling.

That, or they've just decided to risk the whopping great fine. I made some enquiries about this for a thread here last year:

I understand that traders can be liable for up to $20,000 or a 6-month jail term, or up to $100,000 for businesses.

Perhaps that's why the product's markup is so high! :P

• 1 month later...

So is this company selling this stuff illegally? Yohimbe, how safe is it? If Lipo 6 is not recommended - then what is a safe fat burner available in NZ or purchased from overseas if need be?

Does anyone know anything about the other fat burner also at this website - Lipovarin?

What about EAS Thermo DynamX?

• 4 months later...

According to medsafe yohimbe doesn't seem to be prescription but yohimbine is. Yohimbine is the active alkaloid in yohimbe.

I have heard that if medicines like yohimbine are included in supplements then you can import them for personal use. A lady I know brought ephedrine into NZ, which was included in a supplement and customs didn't have a problem with it. Although I wouldn't try incase she was just lucky.

Unless its classification has changed recently, Yohimbe/Yohimbine is very definately prescription only - http://www.knowledge-basket.co.nz/regs/ ... 03007R.txt

It's classification was changed from pharmacy only to prescription medicine late 1999/early 2000. http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Class/mccn99.htm

You can probably get away importing small amounts for personal use, however customs could ask to see your prescription or import licence if they wanted to.

Ephedrine is illegal no matter what form it is in and what it is combined with. If someone imported ephedrine into NZ they are extremely lucky as it is a controlled drug and importers can face serious charges/fines - it's just not worth the risk of importing it even in small amounts as there is no longer the "personal use" excuse:

http://www.customs.govt.nz/about/News/E ... 141004.htm

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Regulatory/G ... edrine.htm

I would say in the case where the person imported some ephedrine as part of a larger order they were lucky.

I have no idea what the pealty is for importing it but I know they are really serious about the stuff and it just not worth the heat you would get from customs and the law