best on the go dairy protein

Mike250

Due to some allergies (eggs) and some protein sources bing too harsh on my stomach (beef, but also chicken) I've decided to switch to some form of milk protein. So far i have the following to choose from:

1- https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/horleys-protein-hit-low-carb-chocolate-fudge-12-x-420ml/22816379

2- https://www.anchor.co.nz/product/protein-plus/

any further suggestions would be welcome. from the looks of those two products, the first one seems to have a lot less sugar than the anchor one

Hi Mike,

Why are you choosing milk, as opposed to a whey protein powder? Those ready-to-drink products cost significantly more, and give you much less protein.

More importantly for you, if you're prone to allergies, be careful about having too much milk. It contains a lot of lactose, which could cause problems for you. Even a standard whey protein has filtered out most of the lactose - and almost all of it is removed in a whey isolate.

i guess its a taste issue foremost. I seem to handle milk just fine but whey protein powder has a smell that puts me off and i've tried several with little success. maybe if i tried casein instead it might be better?

good point about the allergies. i guess i dont have many/limited options.

On 21/09/2017 at 11:04 PM, Mike250 said:

I seem to handle milk just fine but whey protein powder has a smell that puts me off

Really? And you're sure it's not the flavourings that have been added that you don't like? What have you tried?

Again, it might be worth trying a whey isolate protein. It's a lot more "watery" than the standard whey concentrates - it certainly has a lot less taste, and probably has less smell too.

On 25/09/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pseudonym said:

Really? And you're sure it's not the flavourings that have been added that you don't like? What have you tried?

Again, it might be worth trying a whey isolate protein. It's a lot more "watery" than the standard whey concentrates - it certainly has a lot less taste, and probably has less smell too.

i'm going for casein. i like baking so i'll use it mostly for just that. i think it might some of the flavourings that are putting me off as you said. 

https://www.sprintfit.co.nz/product/2767/cellucor-cor-performance-casein

And i brought this one awhile back the white one tastes a bit better but this says its ment to have no antibiotics or hormones etc.Its about $45 for a 1kg bag and that other stuff is about $60 for .750g.If something worked for you it might be worth paying the extra.I havnt taken either of them for long enough to really give much of an opinion though just a couple ideas

1507087929937501319036.jpg