Between AM and PM Shows

Small

For the competitors out there what are your thoughts on "Spilling Over" [you know looking softer] for the night show..

What do you do, or not do as the case may be, between the AM and PM show to avoid looking softer at the night show. Eg what foods/drink to avoid/have, and a small cardio or not etc...

just any thoughts

Thats a great question Small. I know of competitors looking great at prejudging only to become flat or bloated during the night show. I look forward to hear what you all are doing in regards to meals, exercise or anything else during the lull before the storm.

A lot of competitors think that because all the judging is done during the day show it doesn’t matter what you look like at the night show… which is true unless you end up doing the overalls, but there are people that pay good money to come see the night show and IMO I think the athletes owe it to them to look just as good for them as in the day show….

It’s simple just resist pigging out and drinking crap loads of water …. Best thing to do is be sensible have a couple of small good clean meals save the celebration meals for after the night show

I tend to look better in the evening shows.. I get so worried that I'm going to overcarb, that I don't carb up enough, then with the nibbling between the afternoon/evening shows I come in much tighter and fuller in the evening. I need to learn to eat more.

I think everyone is different though. A friend of mine thought he had bombed in the pre-judging, so in between the prejudge and evening show he went across the road to Pizza Hut and had a huge feed.. come in the evening looking the business. Then, some people don't hardly eat at all, so it's getting the jist of what's right for your body imo

x

and a small cardio or not etc...

just any thoughts

:pfft: Ahhh ha ha ha CARDIO!!! Hell no! Too dehydrated that's for sure! Where would the energy come from? Plus with all the tan etc it'd be a mission - pumping up back stage takes alot of energy.

Like alot of this BodyBuilding lark it's trial and error - everyone is different.

For me I think small amounts of dry foods through the day: Chicken (protein), kumara, banana chips, rice wafers (carbs), almonds (fats) ... I did snack on a protein bar but to be honest I got heartburn and it was hard to eat up big. But I'm a snack eater from way back so who knows.

I've heard of guys eating 2-3 burgers from burger fule and fries - only to have it go straight through them! :shock:

Froggies sleep idea is good, that and keep yourself busy ... we had photos taken between shows.

I know of people who eat high sugar foods and high fats and for them it works, but it's up to you and your trainer.

I agree with Andrew - you want to look your best at the night show. Even if you feel you won't win your class and contest the overalls, surely you want to look your best - esp if you are in the top-3 photo that will probably get displayed on various websites.

Between pre-judging and the night show I continue to drink water sparingly and eat moderately. I also lie down for an hour or two and try to get some sleep. I quite often eat pizza which has made me look better at night than in the morning. In fact, a few years ago when the NZFBB Nationals were over 2 days, my trainer asked me what I had to eat on the Saturday night coz I looked fuller and drier on the Sunday. I told him that I'd have a large pizza, a huge bowl of icecream and nearly a bottle of red wine for dinner. When I asked him if I could load on this diet in future, he said "NO"!! :pfft:

One thing I definitely avoid between pre-judging and the night show is anthing that is likely to "bloat" me - you gotta try and keep the waist as narrow as possible, plus it's pretty hard to suck the guts in during an ab-thigh pose when you're full of gas! :D

between the morning and evening shows at the auckland champs last weekend i ate the following

1 x trumpet ice cream

6 x mini raspberry filled donuts

1 x large strawberry iced donut

2 x large trays of teraki chicken sushi

1 x large tray of smoked chicken sushi

8-10 snack size pieces of dairy milk chocolate

2 x cups of diet coke

1 x cup of fanta

approx 2 litres of water

All this combined with no sleep between shows and about 10 cigarettes contributed to me hitting the stage looking fantastic ;)

Will be the last time i ever do that.

between the morning and evening shows at the auckland champs last weekend i ate the following

1 x trumpet ice cream

6 x mini raspberry filled donuts

1 x large strawberry iced donut

2 x large trays of teraki chicken sushi

1 x large tray of smoked chicken sushi

8-10 snack size pieces of dairy milk chocolate

2 x cups of diet coke

1 x cup of fanta

approx 2 litres of water

All this combined with no sleep between shows and about 10 cigarettes contributed to me hitting the stage looking fantastic

Will be the last time i ever do that.

hahaha, wats with the diet coke? were u looking to keep the calories down or something :pfft: :pfft:

and no im not tht big lol. want to be way bigger!

• 1 month later...