I need Nutrition Advice

BigRed2007

Hi guys,

I really need advice about nutrition, because no matter how hard I train I just dont seem to be changing my body physique into the Jay culter body, and I know its 90 % due to my bad eating habits.

Here I will lay down my excuses so I cant use them again

Its too expensive

Its in my culture to eat late

I dont know what to eat

I eat too much too fast

Its too hard to stay disciplined.

So really guys could you please help me out, throw me a few links, or you know some ideas on meals.

I really want to compete professionally, starting from the bottom but yeah I just need advice from you guys, and so here I am begging for help.

ps: my msn is red123nz@hotmail.com :(

Hello BigRed! I admire your honesty in admitting you have a problem and then making efforts to overcome this. You are already a winner in my eyes. The good news to your 'problems' is that everyone can be solved. Not only that..there are different methods to solve them. Here is my 2 cents worth:

1)Its too expensive

You are right in this. But one way to overcome this is shopping smart. If you go to the supermarket to buy meat, you will sometimes find deals where you will find the older meat is cheaper. Make friends with the local butcher and tell him/her that you eat a lot of meat but can't afford to buy a lot. A lot of time, the butcher will sell you in bulk cheaper. Having good meals is more important then extra supplements in bodybuilding. If you can't afford supplemets now, don't worry. Eat proper meals. I know many pro bodybuilders who take no supplements at all. All they do eat proper meals. When you can afford it, then go ahead and buy some supplements.

2)Its in my culture to eat late

I don't know what your culture is but I do know many Middle Eastern cultures and Asian Indians eat their dinners late. No problem in that. Just bear in mind that you should have 5-6 meals. The last meal of the day can be your late meal.

3)I dont know what to eat

You are in luck! Most of the members in this site are well versed in what to eat! They can even tell you how to break down your meals. There is a lot of information on the web on what you should as a bodybuilder so just browse around.

4)I eat too much too fast

Ahh...I take it that you have a sibling or two while growing up near you? Just remember to eat slow. This is just a matter willing your mind. Think of chewing your food properly before swallowing. When you eat slow, you will be able to savour the taste more.

5)Its too hard to stay disciplined

This is the problem everyone of us in this world is facing. You are not alone. Motivate yourself by going to a few contests and see the fine bodybuilders in action. That in itself can be a motivation to be more disciplined. Be around motivated people. Make friends with bodybuilders and ask them for advice. Last of all..make sure you watch the Rocky movies!

I have full faith in you that you will do well. There is a champ in you just waiting to get out. Good luck and do us proud!

• 2 weeks later...
... i Know every bad....

You're right. It's not good.

Let's turn the tables, and ask you the questions. You know it's bad, yet you ate it anyway. Why? What do you think you should have eaten instead? :)

Why did i eat it ??

Well, to be honest, I am lazy and when i do eat i just justify what i do. I am like ok i see a bit of chocolate, or something in the fridge. I am like dam there is nothing to eat so lets eat whatever.

What do you think i should eat instead?

Well I am doing research to find out what i need to eat right, but things like tuna, brown rice, wholemeal bread etc. I am doing my research trying to find out.... But yeah i got to learn to prep my own food.

Hello BigRed! I admire your honesty in admitting you have a problem and then making efforts to overcome this. You are already a winner in my eyes. The good news to your 'problems' is that everyone can be solved. Not only that..there are different methods to solve them. Here is my 2 cents worth:

1)Its too expensive

You are right in this. But one way to overcome this is shopping smart. If you go to the supermarket to buy meat, you will sometimes find deals where you will find the older meat is cheaper. Make friends with the local butcher and tell him/her that you eat a lot of meat but can't afford to buy a lot. A lot of time, the butcher will sell you in bulk cheaper. Having good meals is more important then extra supplements in bodybuilding. If you can't afford supplemets now, don't worry. Eat proper meals. I know many pro bodybuilders who take no supplements at all. All they do eat proper meals. When you can afford it, then go ahead and buy some supplements.

You make a lot of sense, I never really thought about it like that. Yeah I just need to know what to buy now lol, and yes i have started working more to support myself in terms of diet and food costs.

I don't know what your culture is but I do know many Middle Eastern cultures and Asian Indians eat their dinners late. No problem in that. Just bear in mind that you should have 5-6 meals. The last meal of the day can be your late meal.

Yes I am an indian, but i came to nz when i was about 9ish, and yeah it is pretty much my last meal.

3)I dont know what to eat

You are in luck! Most of the members in this site are well versed in what to eat! They can even tell you how to break down your meals. There is a lot of information on the web on what you should as a bodybuilder so just browse around.

Trying to do that atm, might see my nutritionist at my gym, but anyone with any advice for food please pm me.

4)I eat too much too fast

Ahh...I take it that you have a sibling or two while growing up near you? Just remember to eat slow. This is just a matter willing your mind. Think of chewing your food properly before swallowing. When you eat slow, you will be able to savour the taste more.

lol that is so right its not funny, yeah i used to always race my brothers and my father. Yeah i tried to chew slower but then its like it takes forever to eat lol, and then you want to gulp it down which is really bad... Any suggestions to further stop this?

5)Its too hard to stay disciplined

This is the problem everyone of us in this world is facing. You are not alone. Motivate yourself by going to a few contests and see the fine bodybuilders in action. That in itself can be a motivation to be more disciplined. Be around motivated people. Make friends with bodybuilders and ask them for advice. Last of all..make sure you watch the Rocky movies!

I have full faith in you that you will do well. There is a champ in you just waiting to get out. Good luck and do us proud!

Thanks man for taking the time to type this up, i will put my everything into it bro, just need motivation like you said from everyone around me as well.

its not actully tht good to have dinner too late if it contains alot of fat or carbs which reading wat u say im guessing ti would lol, for yr self anyway big red.

i have seen u down the gym and u are carrying alot of bodyfat, i think for u it would be a good investment to go see a bodybuiding nutritionalist to get u on track thatn is my opinion anyway.

if u ask for too much advice on this site about diet u are going to get all sorts of different answers, and ull most proably take abit of each advice and put yr diet together using that. thats not good! go see one person whos knows their stuff and do everything they say dnt do anything anyone else says about diet without asking them if its right or not.

go to the nabba show this weekend and watch and u will be able to talk to someone about sorting yr diet out.

but if yr going to cheat and not do the diet 100% till u drop yr bodyfat u should just forget about it, cause u will be wasting your time and money

dats my advice to u bro, good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...