Raw protein??

BlueCollarLifter

I know of someone who just bought a 20kg bag of Whey Concentrate from a fonterra factory outlet.

Its raw protein..no flavouring or anything..Im wondering if its the same stuff fed to farm animals..

Therefore, would something like that be properly absorbed by humans?

Any thoughts anyone?

True , I didnt know they fed protein to farm animals...

I know of someone who just bought a 20kg bag of Whey Concentrate from a fonterra factory outlet.

Its raw protein..no flavouring or anything..Im wondering if its the same stuff fed to farm animals..

Therefore, would something like that be properly absorbed by humans?

Any thoughts anyone?

There's varying qualities of whey concentrate that are put out by fonterra - the dodgy stuff is intended for animals, the average stuff for use in foods consumed by humans, and the really good stuff is used in your tub of protein in the shops and hopefully in the big sack you buy from the guy off the back of his truck.

How about grass? That any good? LOL

Always wanted to get my hands on some of that PGF2a stuff - I think its used to induce labour in cows HAHAHAHA

Nah but seriously - I heard this stuff is good for bridging....

:pfft: lol.

u all sussed for tommorw G?

Most whey is the by product of making cheese. Its usually processed a little more to be sold to the general public under different supplement companies. Most unprocessed whey goes directly to hog/pig feed. Pigs fed why are supposedly to taste better. Prosciutto (its gourmet expensive Italian air cured ham) is a fine example. The pigs slaughtered for Prosciutto are fed a blend of grains and whey.

• 1 month later...

The majority of protein they feed to bovine animals is grass they have more stomach than we do (4) to unlock the protein out of the grass, Pigs are like humans we are both "monogastric" meaning one stomach. This has a huge effect on what we can digest.

Bulls will grow like that just on grass it tis the genetics that will determin their build.

Keep forgetting to order another 20kg bag. Was going to a while ago while I had some money, the price must be high now.

As of today (1 Aug) the latest quote from David Trading for WPI 20kg (92.4% protein) is $450+freight (incl GST). Tony says the price has improved. Last time I ordered it was ~$520.

:D

Finally opened and split my 20kg WPC from Davis tonight.

Exact same colour and texture as the EAS powder I have been using.

sampled with milk only - tastes just like creamy milk

sampled with milk and vanilla extract - didn't really taste like vanilla shake

sampled with milk and cocoa - just like a chocolate shake!!!!!!!!!!

Very impressed considering $289 price tag, mixes well and tastes fine! Will try mixing with water tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...