Jay Cutler coming to Aus

The IFBB-NPC in Aus have booked Jay Cutler for his first guest pose after defending his Mr Olympia title. Melbourne - October 13th, Qld - October 14th and Sydney October 20-21st. This will be amazing to see jay in contest shape.

So I ask what is the NZFBB going to do. Can they look at getting him to come over.

The IFBB-NPC in Aus have booked Jay Cutler for his first guest pose after defending his Mr Olympia title. Melbourne - October 13th, Qld - October 14th and Sydney October 20-21st. This will be amazing to see jay in contest shape.

So I ask what is the NZFBB going to do. Can they look at getting him to come over.

Bump that - hard!

Yes it would be awesome to see him.

Regarding the NZFBB getting him over here - there are two major obstacles. Firstly, the ideal date to have him here (for the NZFBB Nationals) clashes with his appearance in Sydney (Oct 20). Secondly, it would probably cost between $5K and $10K minimum to bring him here and we don't have that sort of money.

I've been to see the Aussie Pro show 3 times and they have a much bigger audience and sponsor base over there which allows them to afford to bring these pros over.

Yes, 2guns, we (NZFBB) are still in debt, but a lot of hard work has seen a profit of approx $30K in the last 12 months. Another year like that and we will be well out of the red!

I'm not saying it's impossible to bring these guys over. It's been done before and I'm sure we can do it again sometime soon - providing it's well planned and and the money is found to do it.

For the time being, probably the best way to see the pros in action is to go to the Australian Grand Prix - it's a great event and they also have an amateur show in conjunction with the Pro event. There is nothing stopping NZ competitors doing the amateur show - a good friend of mine did it last year. You also get to be backstage with the big guys and most of them are very obliging and happy to talk to you.

I'm hoping to organise a team to go over next year to do the amateur show - probably in March sometime.

That's cool, 2guns, I guessed you were joking - just thought it was a good change to enlighten people on the much improved financial state of the NZFBB.

Hey, we're still in debt, but looking MUCH better than this time last year!

Perhaps next year, if we can time our events right (i.e. to not clash with the Aussie IFBB Nationals) then we might be able to bring a top pro over here to guest pose and hold some seminars? It will always be easier for us to share the cost with Aussie - to bring them her exclusively would cost a lot more.

That's cool, 2guns, I guessed you were joking - just thought it was a good change to enlighten people on the much improved financial state of the NZFBB.

Hey, we're still in debt, but looking MUCH better than this time last year!

thts good for the nzfbb