Cold Medications

Top Cat

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me, i am about to compete (in 3 weeks) in the NZFBB Auckland Champs, however am suffering from a head cold. Cant afford to take time off work so was thinking of getting some codrel, but will anythign in this show up in a drug test?

I just did a quick search and it looks like 2-3day (please correct me if I’m wrong) so you probably could get away with using it … but it is your decision so if for some bizarre reason you got tested and failed you have to take reasonability for your actions

… but it is your decision so if for some bizarre reason you got tested and failed you have to take reasonability for your actions

What do you mean bizarre reason? Do you know something we don't? :roll:

But this is the very reason why I did NABBA not NZFBB - you work too hard to have it taken away by buying an overthe counter product! But either way this is the link for the prohibited substances:

http://www.drugfreesport.org.nz/site/dr ... DAList.pdf

Bizarre reason....at the Nationals there were something like 10 tests for 170 odd competitors. Do the maths, and also note that they are more likely to test overall contenders than novices in their first comps.

Although Andrew did say to me at the Wellington show that he knew who was going to be tested....da dum! :pfft:

BTW Evie, if you have a look thru the positive tests on the drugfree website you'll find very few were for otc products. Some people may claim that they were given a legal supplement that MAY have contained something naughty.

If in doubt, don't take the meds. Simple.

What do you mean bizarre reason? Do you know something we don't?

Well hypothetically speaking you took some cold/flu medication with pseudoephedrine in it and for some reason it stayed in your system of longer then you predicted ..your name gets pulled for testing and you test positive for a banned substance ..all very highly unlikely and therefore bizarre

What do you mean bizarre reason? Do you know something we don't?

Well hypothetically speaking you took some cold/flu medication with pseudoephedrine in it and for some reason it stayed in your system of longer then you predicted ..your name gets pulled of testing and you test positive for a banned substance ..all very highly unlikely and therefore bizarre

How bizarre... 8)