Detox Program

samoan_muscle

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has a good detox program that they use?

It's kind of really up in the air at the moment but at this stage I'm looking at doing a 10-14 day detox...

Looking at running the Natures Own Rapid Cleanse Kit

Diet will consist of med-high protein (whey protein shakes only) - 300g min per day

Vegetables - as much as I please

Carrot Juice with barley grass powder - 4 times a day

Fruit - Post Workout Meals Only

BCAA's and glutamine as per normal.

Advice or suggestions more than welcome.

Cheers,

SM.

I have used this flush in the past and it works very. here are the ingredients:

1-) whole psyllium husk- The starting amount would be 1 teaspoon morning and night. I've gradually worked up to 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 teaspoons.

2-) activated charcoal- 2 caps morning and night

3-) herbal tabs/herbal caps. basically these having something like senna leaf/extract, licorice root/extract/(whatever), peppermint extract, etc... the senna is quite important.

Starting dosage is 2 in the morning and night and you can increase to 3 or even 4 tabs or caps morning and night.

hope this helps.

Just googled it.. sounds interesting. Are you still gonna train the same way you usually do? Or take it easy for the 10 days?

I have used this flush in the past and it works very. here are the ingredients:

1-) whole psyllium husk- The starting amount would be 1 teaspoon morning and night. I've gradually worked up to 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 teaspoons.

2-) activated charcoal- 2 caps morning and night

3-) herbal tabs/herbal caps. basically these having something like senna leaf/extract, licorice root/extract/(whatever), peppermint extract, etc... the senna is quite important.

Starting dosage is 2 in the morning and night and you can increase to 3 or even 4 tabs or caps morning and night.

hope this helps.

How long did you detox for? And did you lose any muscle mass ?

this detox is mild and works very well. its a full 30 days cycle and you can continue with your normal diet/routine. I didn't lose any muscle mass but lots of weird/unweird things things that shouldn't be inside my body :grin:

I forgot to say that the husk must be in powder/bulk. you will need a lot of pills if you decide to take that root.

They had a tv programme on couple of weeks ago on tv one about the food we eat, they did a experiment one group of girls on a healthy diet another on detox programme. The urine tests were done at the start and finish of the week long trial. They found the girls who ate a healthy diet were better off than the detox diet they say it dosen't work just drink plenty of water healthy diet. food for thought :nod:

They had a tv programme on couple of weeks ago on tv one about the food we eat, they did a experiment one group of girls on a healthy diet another on detox programme. The urine tests were done at the start and finish of the week long trial. They found the girls who ate a healthy diet were better off than the detox diet they say it dosen't work just drink plenty of water healthy diet. food for thought :nod:

I think this study is rather irrelevant.

what did the urine tests look for?

I think they looked for liver & kidney function. It was an interesting show. Three top nutritionists got together & designed what they thought was the best detox.

Like Shane said, the results showed no difference between the group doing the detox & the group eating a normal healthy diet.

A doctor on the show said the body seems to cleanse itself adequately enough.

They had a tv programme on couple of weeks ago on tv one about the food we eat, they did a experiment one group of girls on a healthy diet another on detox programme. The urine tests were done at the start and finish of the week long trial. They found the girls who ate a healthy diet were better off than the detox diet they say it dosen't work just drink plenty of water healthy diet. food for thought

i saw this, note they took these girls whos normal diets consisted of heavy drinking, smoking, junkfood, little exercise, and were of all shapes and sizes. they randomly split the girls into two groups, one group did detox diet, one group did "normal" [in otherwords crap] diet Not healthy, and the results saw no significant differences in before and after results in either of the groups, yet some detox girls felt they had better skin, yet moodswings. so yep.

They had a tv programme on couple of weeks ago on tv one about the food we eat, they did a experiment one group of girls on a healthy diet another on detox programme. The urine tests were done at the start and finish of the week long trial. They found the girls who ate a healthy diet were better off than the detox diet they say it dosen't work just drink plenty of water healthy diet. food for thought

i saw this, note they took these girls whos normal diets consisted of heavy drinking, smoking, junkfood, little exercise, and were of all shapes and sizes. they randomly split the girls into two groups, one group did detox diet, one group did "normal" [in otherwords crap] diet Not healthy, and the results saw no significant differences in before and after results in either of the groups, yet some detox girls felt they had better skin, yet moodswings. so yep.

well that pretty much explains it. The other thing to remember is that a BB's Liver enzymes will already be elevated- and thats totally normal- but out of curiousity what were the ingredients of the detox diet?

anyhow good colon health is something I'd invest in. it branches into many other areas as well.

Just googled it.. sounds interesting. Are you still gonna train the same way you usually do? Or take it easy for the 10 days?

I will attempt to train normally - probably ease off on the poundages a bit just so I don't burn myself out and not last the whole course. After all, I won't be eating any complex carbs (with the exception of veges).

I will also do some light cardio 30mins every training day.

I'm actually thinking of doing only vegetable juices and protein shakes for the entire program. Will be adding a fibre supplement to the shakes and juices as well.

I was under the impression that blood work was far more informative than urine tests. (????) :huh:

I was under the impression that blood work was far more informative than urine tests. (????) :huh:

I would think so too but it all comes down to what you're getting tested.