Dymatize Label claim failed test

nzlabrat

I got some of this from bodybuilding.com

"All tests conducted by Eclipse Scientific Group, an independent company who do not endorse Reflex Nutrition products or support the Reflex Nutrition brand in any other way.

wwww.eclipsescientific.co.uk"

This really sucks. It has only 68% protein rather than the claimed 78%.

This works out to 12.8% less protein than claimed.

(If a company says 78 g protein instead of 68g protein, its overstating amount by 14.7%, and the actual protein amount is 12.8% less than claimed.)

So in a scoop which is supposed to have 23 g protein, you will be getting 20.05g protein = 2.95 g less

I found the website on Dymatize

Dymatize label claim = 78%

Dymatize Elite Whey Choc 19/05/2005 63.0%

Dymatize Elite Whey Berry 21/04/2006 67.2%

Dymatize Elite Whey Choc 21/04/2006 65.8%

Dymatize Elite Whey Berry 12/12/2006 68.7%

Dymatize Elite Whey Choc 12/12/2006 65.8%

Dymatize Elite Whey Berry 20/04/2007 67.6%

Dymatize Elite Whey Choc 20/04/2007 67.0%

Another interesting thing is the lab analysis that wessex laboratories did for reflex on different wheys again on May 2005.

http://www.whey-protein.com/news.htm

copied from their website:

May

Proof that Instant Whey is No.1

26 May 2005

In light of recent advertisements from competitors claiming to have the highest protein percentage Reflex Nutrition enlisted the services of an independent laboratory, Wessex Labs, to test the protein content of some of the best selling 5lb whey products. The results speak for themselves and clearly show Reflex Nutrition to have the highest protein content of all the products tested.

All products tested were in chocolate flavor.

In order of protein content per 100 grams:

Reflex Instant Whey 77.6 grams/100g ? Label claim 78.0 grams/100g

Optimum Nutrition 72.1 grams/100g

USN Whey Protein 71.2 grams/100g

EAS MyoPro Whey 70.7 grams/100g

MRM Metabolic Whey 68.5 grams/100g

Met-rx Supreme Whey 65.8 grams/100g

Dymatize Elite Whey 63.0 grams/100g

*See foot note.

A copy of the original certificate is on file at Reflex Nutrition. All products tested were bought from suppliers throughout the U.K, all seals were unbroken until testing at the lab, and each product was tested 4 times to exclude any error.

*Figures correct at time of press 25/05/2005

So I believe in these tests according to reflex all wheys failed except their instant whey even optimum failed. Interesting.

Dymatize Elite

I wanted to give all of you a response, however our Lawyers have advised against it. I will tell all of you these "independent test" results are not independent. They were submitted and paid for by a company we compete against in the UK. I am not allowed to go into any more detail then that.

I wish I could go into more specifics with you, however with the pending litigation, I can not.

Sorry I can not be more specific right now.

Ted - Dymatize CEO

I think this is a joke. Who wants to sell stuff to whom? Dymatize wants US to buy their stuff and they should be peddling us instead of us peddling them to get a response weather their protein is good or not. This is really starting to anger me! The whole behavior of Dymatize doesn't come across as very credible. If I am innocent and somebody accuses me of something which I haven't done then I get really mad and I speak about it and don't simply hide and shut my mouth because the lawyers don't allow it... come on.

Dymatize COULD ALREADY HAVE PUT AN END TO THIS WHOLE DEBATE by simply having an independent laboratory test their protein. All it takes is a protein from a charge which was produced maybe a few weeks ago to prove that they didn't all of a sudden increase their protein content in order to prove that they are innocent. This is all what it takes. But instead of doing this and putting an end to this they rather talk about lawsuits and lawyers and about how bad Reflex is and about how false these tests are.

But maybe, they know very well that these claims are true and because of this they cannot simply get an independent test done and instead of this their tactic is simply to make it look as if there is a conspiracy going on against them and claim that they will sue Reflex and hope that in a few months the stupid customers have forgotten about the whole thing and then everything is fine again.

Dymatize recieve funding from the U.S Navy and other U.S Government agencies for product development in return for discount product. The University of Florida is another major investor. They are one of the few companies that have their own testing labs but they are audited each year by government inspector's as required under the U.S procurement guidelines.

:oops: Yip sorry the full sales pitch for those that are interested.

About Dymatize

Dymatize was founded In 1994 to supply the highest quality nutritional supplements to college, Olympic, and professional athletic programs around the world, from pro football, basketball, hockey and baseball teams, to U.S. government programs such as the US Naval Academy, We now supply more than 300 different programs with nutritional supplements. One advantage of supplying college athletic programs is that many have their own testing facilities where our products are constantly evaluated.

For this reason, we believe that Dymatize is the most independently tested brand of sports supplements available. Recently, Dymatize began offering the same products used by world class athletes to the general public. Since then, athletes at all levels have enjoyed the results they have achieved with Dymatize products. today, Our commitment to quality endures. developing and offering new cutting edge products along side our proven product line, we continue to be associated with the top quality products demanded by the top athletes of the world.

Production of Dymatize products takes place in two separate, brand new and state of the art manufacturing facilities. Spanning more than 45,000 square feet, these plants should serve Dymatize well into the future. Because of the cost, most nutrition companies do not own their own manufacturing plants, however, we felt it was a necessary investment in order to insure the quality of Dymatize products down to the smallest detail. With the purchasing, processing, blending, and packaging of our products under our direct control, we not only keep prices low, we ensure quality at every step. We believe the manufacturing of our own products in our own facilities is one very important reason Dymatize products enjoy such consistently high quality ratings.

If the above statement was true about having independant testing done the logical thing to do would be to release the results of those tests.

Or by saying "Dymatize is the most independently tested brand of sports supplements available" do they really mean something like - "We'll no-one's ever actually tested it in a lab - but they've all said it tastes really good."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...