Fat Burners that aren't Capsules.....

Kaysha

I've only tried two different thermos so far - EAS ThermoDynamX and a product by ProLabs (Thermapro?) - so I don't have a huge amount of experience to compare them to. But personally, I found the ThermoDynamX more effective than the ProLab one, and because it didn't contain synephrine, it didn't make me jittery either.

and because it didn't contain synephrine, it didn't make me jittery either.

Synephrine has no effect on the CNS so shouldn't make you jittery.

Really? Synephrine is a stimulant, and works like caffeine, doesn't it? It's that type of increase in energy I'm describing as "jittery". Are you saying it doesn't do that?

I’ve used Prolab Cuts II found them pretty good as a general fat metabolism

Nutritional Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Tablets

Servings per Container: `60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

L-Carnitine (as Carnitine HCI) 550 mg **

Lecithin 500 mg **

Choline (as Choline Citrate) 500 mg **

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 40 mg 2000%

Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 13 mcg 10%

Potassium (as Potassium Gluconate) 34 mg 1%

Inositol 500 mg **

L-Methionine (as L-Methionine HCI) 200 mg **

Linoleic Acid 100 mg **

Oleic Acid 50 mg **

Chlorophyll 50 mg **

Parsley Leaves 200 mg **

Grapefruit Powder 100 mg **

Natural Herbal Blend (Uva Ursi, Buchu, Doggrass, Cornsilk, Hydrangea Root, Juniper Berries) 600 mg **

As far as thermogenic type fat burners go I’ve used Red 8 thermotone and Balance thermo Ripped (both capsule form) and out of those two the balance is defiantly the better it also happens to be on special at the moment at http://www.supplementsonline.co.nz

Really? Synephrine is a stimulant, and works like caffeine, doesn't it? It's that type of increase in energy I'm describing as "jittery". Are you saying it doesn't do that?

Synephrine is an alpha adrenergic agonist (constricts arteries and veins) and stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which causes the release of adrenaline and dopamine. At high enough doses due to its effect on artery constriction it acts as a decongestant, increases blood pressure. and can cause headaches, reflex bradycardia (decreased heartrate), excitability, and restlessness. It may also cause impotence (not good), and will counter any effects of your NO products like No-Xplode, Arginine etc.

Its main effect on fatloss is supposed to be through thermogenesis or the increase of body temperature. The release of adrenaline may cause a jittery sensation but most times the jittery sensation is going to be caused by the caffeine and other stimulants present in the product which stimulate the Central nervous system. If you used Synephrine by itself you probably wouldn't notice much at all unless you took a very high dose. This study here outlines it a bit more http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... s=16164886

Thermodynamx doesn't really contain a whole heap of anything other than the methylxanthines (long word for stimulants) caffeine (199mg) and Theobromine (8mg) a bit of Green Tea, tiny bit of Ginger and cayenne powder which may explain why you didn't notice too much with it.

Thanks Flex. Very interesting study. I already suspected that synephrine wasn't so great (simply because I had better results with ThermoDynamX, which didn't contain synephrine, than I had with Prolab's, which did). It's nice to see it confirmed by a study though. Especially a "randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, three-arm crossover" study. :grin:

So what ingredients would you look for in a fat burner? Ingredients that are slightly more effective than synephrine?