AB's reconditioning

Mike Zero

Heh, I saw this thread title again and thought 'Abdominal reconditioning? Where the hell did my All Blacks reconditioning thread go!?' Yep. Oh an Johnson signed up, now he just needs to post introduce yourself thread. Yep. I'm done.

I'm suprised at some of the strength levels here. I heard Ash Jones said Haymans strength was right up amongst the best as far as rugby players in NZ go. I think a PB of 220x3 on an above parallel box squat is just proof that my comments on an earlier thread were correct, these guys are great rugby players, but are far from the strength beasts they're made out to be.

I'm suprised at some of the strength levels here. I heard Ash Jones said Haymans strength was right up amongst the best as far as rugby players in NZ go. I think a PB of 220x3 on an above parallel box squat is just proof that my comments on an earlier thread were correct, these guys are great rugby players, but are far from the strength beasts they're made out to be.

I feel the same way as you bro, that compared to what us gym rats can do these guys are just average in strenght levels to me, i squat below parallel for 240 kgs at 8 reps.

I feel the same way as you bro, that compared to what us gym rats can do these guys are just average in strenght levels to me, i squat below parallel for 240 kgs at 8 reps.

Strength levels granted, but I wouldn't want to square up to Hayman at scrum time and have my back take the hit. I've seen more loosehead prop's backs buckle under his pressure than any other tighthead around at the moment.

Hayman = Beast. Just hark back to when he nobbled Andy Sheridan during the Lion's tour. Pure gold.

I think their strength is really impressive considering the amount of cardiovascular work these guys do. Some of these guys are also losing 5 or 6kg during a season. Hence the reason why Henry brought in the reconditioning this year.

BTW I think that vid might be a year or two old judging by someof the players in that clip.

Strength levels granted, but I wouldn't want to square up to Hayman at scrum time and have my back take the hit. I've seen more loosehead prop's backs buckle under his pressure than any other tighthead around at the moment.

Hayman = Beast. Just hark back to when he nobbled Andy Sheridan during the Lion's tour. Pure gold.

Amen.

they are rugby players not powerlifters, does it matter how much they can squat?

Well, yeah. With this whole reconditioning thing you'd expect that maybe the players and definately the coaches would rate strength quite highly. And for that idea being used at that level... I just expected a lot more.