Fried Rice?

Dyceast

Fried rice you get from the Chinese fish n chips shops/

Are they all good for a clean bulk?

Are the chicken pieces the put in them lean or are they the fatty parts? they do look a lil different.

Also you think they are high in fat? how do they usually cook them anyone know?

I had a few friends who worked in Chinese restaurants and so this might be a biased. When ordering vegetables or meat, only order whole parts, eg. chicken breast, chicken wings, thick chunks of meat, etc. This is because these restaurants have buffet regularly. All the leftovers are used for stir fried dishes. Like I said, this might be biased news but I used to know quite a lot of folks who worked in Chinese restaurants (2 of them even owned them). This came right out from their mouth. I love eating Chinese food so I make sure I order dishes that can't have leftovers. Food definitely to avoid would be eg. fried rice with mixed vegetables, stir fried anything, dishes with mixed food, etc. Another bad aspect of Chinese food is they usually use a lot of salt. soya sauce and MSG. I don't compete now so I eat out of Chinese restaurants often. Why not make your Chinese food? Its really easy and fast to make. It is also more nutritious and custom made to your diet!

I had a few friends who worked in Chinese restaurants and so this might be a biased. When ordering vegetables or meat, only order whole parts, eg. chicken breast, chicken wings, thick chunks of meat, etc. This is because these restaurants have buffet regularly. All the leftovers are used for stir fried dishes. Like I said, this might be biased news but I used to know quite a lot of folks who worked in Chinese restaurants (2 of them even owned them). This came right out from their mouth. I love eating Chinese food so I make sure I order dishes that can't have leftovers. Food definitely to avoid would be eg. fried rice with mixed vegetables, stir fried anything, dishes with mixed food, etc. Another bad aspect of Chinese food is they usually use a lot of salt. soya sauce and MSG. I don't compete now so I eat out of Chinese restaurants often. Why not make your Chinese food? Its really easy and fast to make. It is also more nutritious and custom made to your diet!

Will not buy anymore stir fry :shock:

A little bit of fish oil (bought from an asian/specialty supermarket) added into your home made stirfry makes it taste kinda like chinese food :D

There's alot of fats and empty carbs in some of the sauces they use, so maybe just be mindful of that when ordering.. I'm sure they'd have steamed veges or something similar though? I always seem to be hungry again not long after eating chinese dry.gif

woah shot bheeman.

Yeah i suppose I can cook my own fried rice, but its so easy and cheap to order chicken fried rice from the shop 8) After reading that though I might have to think twice this time.

Ah well. Another shop to put on my "Drive pass and dont look list" :shifty:

• 6 months later...

i know the popular misconception tht asian food is a lot healthier and better for u than western food but it aint!!! im straight up chinese aye and my grandad owns a few chinese restaurants in china and my uncle is a chinese chef at a couple of chch chinese restaurants and we have a lot of family friends who run/own/chef chinese restaurants so i know my chinese food and generally it is definately not good for clean eating. soy sauce, msg, and preference to use soya bean oil r the 3 main reasons. even cleanish food lyk sum greens cooked in a wok or vegetables or fried rice etc ordered ina restaurant r totally crap. the msg and calorie levels r thru the roof and for instance lyk fried rice, they wud use about 1/2-3-4 cup of soya bean oil to scramble the egg, then repeat with stir frying the veges or meat, then repeat again to toss the rice and evrything else together. chinese cooking loves to use loads of oil!!!!! asian food is only healthy wen white ppl cook it. ironic huh?? btw im not racist lol its jst the truth

I'm not going to read this.

Ignorance is bliss :nod: