Abs and legs

Hi,

I was wondering what people do to give their abs a bit more density. I have quite defined abs but they are also a little flat - I typically do a variety of exercises, 6 sets of 15-20, 3 times a week, with light - moderately heavy weights included.

Also I have quite alot of definition in my legs and they are very strong but I would like more width when viewed from front and side on. I do all the typical squats, deadlifts etc 10-12 rep range, moderately heavy weights.

Cheers for your help :)

i read an article that basically said abs are just like anyother muscle group to grow use large weights low reps. for definition lower weights and higher numbers.

I find rope pull downs work well and weighted crunches 3x10. than to get some def lots and lots of crunches i.e 3x150

Hi,

I was wondering what people do to give their abs a bit more density. I have quite defined abs but they are also a little flat - I typically do a variety of exercises, 6 sets of 15-20, 3 times a week, with light - moderately heavy weights included.

Also I have quite alot of definition in my legs and they are very strong but I would like more width when viewed from front and side on. I do all the typical squats, deadlifts etc 10-12 rep range, moderately heavy weights.

Cheers for your help :)

I know the appearance of my hamstrings markedly improved with heavy deads (Side bonus of a thicker back ;)) and heavy RDLs, and this in turn made my legs look better from side on. The set reps schemes I worked with varied between 5x5, 4x6, 3x5.. and I wasn't dieting at the time.

i read an article that basically said abs are just like anyother muscle group to grow use large weights low reps. for definition lower weights and higher numbers.

I find rope pull downs work well and weighted crunches 3x10. than to get some def lots and lots of crunches i.e 3x150

Definition is just low bf - apart from that, I agree with everything.