Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?

HOG

This is from The EdoCrusher at getbig.com

I was looking around the gym tonight at some of the water-laden, zit-ridden morons with no legs and thought to myself, "Why in the hell are these guys taking gear? For what?"

It seems to me that a vast majority of people who use (I'd say 95%) take gear before they even come close to reaching their genetic potential. Embracing apathy, they turn to the needle instead of seeing what they are made of through dedication and work-ethic. I just don't understand people like this. They completely baffle me.

For those of you who use but don't compete, WHY do you do it? To have the biggest arms at the local nightclub on Saturday night? So you can look like a pink flamingo holding a ton of water when you hit the gym? What the hell is the point? You're not going to make a living off of bodybuilding/weightlifting. You're doing nothing but showing everyone you aren't man enough to sack up and obtain something (a physique) by simply using what God gave you at birth. Why do you do it? What made you turn to it?

I've simply never understood this. It's borderline insane behavior to me.

wooo settle down a litte hog, you're throwing around a pretty big stereo type there assuming that people that are out of proportion and not competing are only in it for the looks and take gear.

I have met a lot of people that go to the gym to look good for the other sex. i think if most of us are honest we will say that on some level it's true. but i do agree on the "pretty boy" look and how annoying it is that they train upper and have these match stick legs, i think it looks silly. personally i find training weather or not i'm competing a good way to get out the days work frustrations etc.

Hold on guys, maybe in America the use of AAS is a little more widespread amongst non-competitors, but it does happen here too. A valid question in my book. Hell, once upon a time I fitted in nicely to the demographic he is talking about, and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

My answer: A mix of curiosity, vanity, and stupidity thru lack of education. I really wanted to know what it felt like to get stronger and bigger quickly, but lacked the knowledge I have now (although I had a good man looking after me). Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have done it, but the impetuousness of youth (21-2 at the time) meant I did.

There are many reasons for self prescribed hormone replacement :wink:

Anti ageing / General Fitness

Vanity.... we all have it

Reaching goals which may not be attainable otherwise

And although Edo crusher couldnt understand this being a god botherer- we are all heavily influenced by our natural instincts that homo sapiens evolved with over millions of years. The need for the male of the species to be 'dominant' is very strong in most.

Not being man enough to be natural is laughable.

This is from The EdoCrusher at getbig.com

I was looking around the gym tonight at some of the water-laden, zit-ridden morons with no legs and thought to myself, "Why in the hell are these guys taking gear? For what?"

It seems to me that a vast majority of people who use (I'd say 95%) take gear before they even come close to reaching their genetic potential. Embracing apathy, they turn to the needle instead of seeing what they are made of through dedication and work-ethic. I just don't understand people like this. They completely baffle me.

For those of you who use but don't compete, WHY do you do it? To have the biggest arms at the local nightclub on Saturday night? So you can look like a pink flamingo holding a ton of water when you hit the gym? What the hell is the point? You're not going to make a living off of bodybuilding/weightlifting. You're doing nothing but showing everyone you aren't man enough to sack up and obtain something (a physique) by simply using what God gave you at birth. Why do you do it? What made you turn to it?

I've simply never understood this. It's borderline insane behavior to me.

Yeah what a load of crap, thats like saying why do people smoke? i really cant for the life of me undertstand that but its their choice and that should be good enough, no need to provide an explaination IMO.

A mix of curiosity, vanity, and stupidity thru lack of education. I really wanted to know what it felt like to get stronger and bigger quickly, but lacked the knowledge I have now (although I had a good man looking after me). Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have done it, but the impetuousness of youth (21-2 at the time) meant I did.

With most young people, I'd agree with this.

As long as they don't get in your way .... doesn't matter. I'm more concerned about how my results are coming along than wondering what the next guys is doing to himself. Why do woman want to look like Angelina Jolie ... why do guys want to look like an action hero .... why do people get plastic surgery? ..... all the same to me. I have been training for sometime now but I never get caught up in why the next guy is doing what he does. Each to their own.