Moe's show??????

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Moe organised the show without the blessing of the IFBB, that's why it got canned.

It sounded like it was just a rip-off of the Country Classic Invitational show that I run over here in Aust. Same wording, format etc. Only difference was that I spent over 18mths setting that show up, whereas by the sounds of things, Moe just put his together in a hurry & hoped for the best.

If this is the type of show that interests you, then don't be shy, the CCI is on again this year & you are most welcome to enter. I have 2 Kiwis already, both are excellent BBers.

I will have a new poster out next month, but for now, here is the old one that has been out since October last year! This show is definitely on, no last minute organising, we are 100% committed.

post-1114-14166817378258_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Aren't IFBB pros unable to run/promote their own shows? Wasn't this one of the reasons the show didn't go ahead last year?

Would hate for the same thing to happen again.

Haven't heard about the Pro not being able to run their own shows but I'm pretty sure that Moe cancelled his show last year due to the situation in Lebanon at that time.

Aren't IFBB pros unable to run/promote their own shows? Wasn't this one of the reasons the show didn't go ahead last year?

Haven't heard about the Pro not being able to run their own shows but I'm pretty sure that Moe cancelled his show last year due to the situation in Lebanon at that time.

I thought he got a two year ban from the IFBB because he tried to run an un-sanctioned show and a few other offences.

Although I live on the other side of 'the ditch', the word I heard was Moe didn't bother to get an IFBB sanction.

That was the reason it was canceled, it had nothing to do with whatever was going on in Lebanon.

No one in the world can run an IFBB show without a sanction. This includes NZ.

I would suggest you contact your NZFBB executive, because if they don't know about it, there will be no show. (A sanctioned show that is)

If Moe wants to keep his IFBB Pro card, he won't be able to run a non-sanction BBing show.

If he does, he will soon find himself out of the IFBB Pro ranks.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up too high if I was you.

Has there been any dates set for this CCI copy-cat show?

As far as Pros running their own shows, I'm unsure about IFBB policy on this, but I would imagine that they could run Amateur shows, but I doubt very much if they could run a Pro show if they were still an active competitor.

I didn't see Moe at the Aussie Pro show this year, despite rumors that he would be competing.

Don't believe everything you read & hear.

I thought he got a two year ban from the IFBB because he tried to run an un-sanctioned show and a few other offences.

This sounds closer to the truth.

It seems everyone is getting a bit closer to the truth on this. I don't know the exact situation, but perhaps I can clarify a couple of things from an NZFBB perspective:

Yes, for Moe to run his show last year, and for any IFBB Pros to be able to guest pose at it (which I believe was the intention), it needed to be sanctioned by the IFBB. There was no application received via the NZFBB for this event. Moe was under a 12 month suspension from the IFBB at the time (from late 2005 to late 2006). Perhaps this was the reason he did not run it, or perhaps it was the trouble in Lebanon, or a combination of these things.

As for the 2007 Australian Pro Grand Prix event, Moe was planning to compete but apparently withdrew late so he could return home from the States to be with an unwell family member.

So, Craig - I've been reading that excitement for your CCI show next month is building. How is the preparation going? Unfortunately I won't be able to make it over to check it out - work and family commitments!

From the Pro League Book.

8.3 Non-sanctioned Competitions:

Any Member, whether Athlete, Judge or Official, who participates in a competition not approved or sanctioned by the Pro League may be fined, suspended or expelled. Participation includes, but is not limited to, competing, guest posing, giving a seminar, judging, officiating, ptomoting or otherwise taking part in a non-approved or non-sanctioned competition.

Thats what is in my Pro League Book.

I didn't see Moe at the Aussie Pro show this year, despite rumors that he would be competing.

Ahhhh rumours....we all know how reliable those are...every conversation I had with Moe prior to the Aussie pro I was encouraging him to do it because of what an amazing show Tony puts on...and NOT ONCE, direct from Moe was there any implication he was even considering the show.

If anyone knows anything else first hand, they can feel free to contribute, but thats my two cents.

Ahhhh rumours....we all know how reliable those are...every conversation I had with Moe prior to the Aussie pro I was encouraging him to do it because of what an amazing show Tony puts on...and NOT ONCE, direct from Moe was there any implication he was even considering the show.

If anyone knows anything else first hand, they can feel free to contribute, but thats my two cents.

I only know what I read here mate as far as Moe doing Tony's show goes.

I think there was a thread around here dedicated to that somewhere.

Is the show that he is putting on a rumour or does it look like going ahead?

It seems everyone is getting a bit closer to the truth on this. I don't know the exact situation, but perhaps I can clarify a couple of things from an NZFBB perspective:

Yes, for Moe to run his show last year, and for any IFBB Pros to be able to guest pose at it (which I believe was the intention), it needed to be sanctioned by the IFBB. There was no application received via the NZFBB for this event. Moe was under a 12 month suspension from the IFBB at the time (from late 2005 to late 2006). Perhaps this was the reason he did not run it, or perhaps it was the trouble in Lebanon, or a combination of these things.

As for the 2007 Australian Pro Grand Prix event, Moe was planning to compete but apparently withdrew late so he could return home from the States to be with an unwell family member.

So, Craig - I've been reading that excitement for your CCI show next month is building. How is the preparation going? Unfortunately I won't be able to make it over to check it out - work and family commitments!

The CCI is looking even better than last year.

The Open Mens class is very strong.

It will be one of the best line-ups ever seen in Aust. One of your Kiwis is having a go, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I've got a strong Figure line-up too, which is unusual for me.

Women don't seem to like my show, but this year, 4 of the competitors are National champions, so it's going to be a high standard.

There is still about a week to go for entries, so things can only get better.

I'm looking forward to having you over here one day MasterTel.

I have 3 NZ competitors, so hopefully if they have a good time, they will spread the word & get a few more over here next year.

Just in case anyone is considering entering the CCI in the coming years, it is on Aug 16th 2008 & Aug 1st 2009.

The venue is booked, so get training for it. :D

Is the show that he is putting on a rumour or does it look like going ahead?

Consider anything you read a rumour until you hear it first hand from the person themself I've learnt....there have been many people getting burned on all sorts of juicy rumours about me....I have to confess to one though, secretly, I am Helen Clarkes twin!!!! :wink:

There is a federation meeting on this Sunday, and we will likely know more after that as to whether it is a show; a class; or a variation of the Pro qualification elegibility requirments and testing criteria.

I have to confess to one though, secretly, I am Helen Clarkes twin!!!!

That's awesome, Mike - I can't wait to see you and your twin doing Mixed Pairs at a comp soon!! :pfft:

Hands up those people who secretly crave seeing our PM in a bikini?! :shock: