Whats the best routine for cutting up? and supplementaion

qio_k

That's a really broad question, Qio. It really depends on so many things...

- What shape are you in at the moment? Can you show us a photo? If not, what's your height, weight and bodyfat percentage?

- What routine are you doing right now? Have you been doing it long, or only just started?

- Same with diet... what does that look like? What do you eat in a typical day?

If you can answer these questions, we can give you much better advice. :)

Well cutting up is a numberz game, calories and all. Also just work on bulking up through the stages then go onto light weights high reps when you are in cuuting up. You also need to cut down on carbs increase protein intake and minimise water intake. Also aerobic work helps with fat burning, caffeiene before it helps with fat burning only in the morning if you want to sleep at night. The fact you are a P.I like me helps aye, fijans can become more than Samoans coz of the climate and metabolism etc. Oolong tea helps with fat metabolism and fish oil in capsules does the job

Thats what I was meaning, final days before comps restrict water intake and carb intake coz extra carbs can turn into fat if not used and you want to minimise your carb intake so you end up in a state of ketosis, using your fatty cells as energy. Well you do need carbs if you're going to do aerobic exercise you do it just after breakfast, the only carb meal of the day. Remember before comps you CANNOT do much weights if you restrict your carbs, only light weights many reps so you don't use much energy. Well you do use thermogenics as well so water intake is neccesary but if I have water than carbs are out only before exercise coz if you increase your carbs remember this carbs hold a lot of water and amidst cutting thats the thing you least want happening.

Thats what I was meaning, final days before comps restrict water intake and carb intake coz extra carbs can turn into fat if not used and you want to minimise your carb intake so you end up in a state of ketosis, using your fatty cells as energy. Well you do need carbs if you're going to do aerobic exercise you do it just after breakfast, the only carb meal of the day. Remember before comps you CANNOT do much weights if you restrict your carbs, only light weights many reps so you don't use much energy. Well you do use thermogenics as well so water intake is neccesary but if I have water than carbs are out only before exercise coz if you increase your carbs remember this carbs hold a lot of water and amidst cutting thats the thing you least want happening.

By final days, do you mean the last 2 to 3 days before the competition?

Rookie I can see that you are trying hard to give the best advise here and your pre contest water manipulation although needs some work is on the right track, but alot of what you have said is flawed and needs some work. We don't know at the moment if qio_k want's to cut up for a comp or simply cut up a little in general?

In my book it would be two different goals to go on a strict pre contest diet and supplementation regime than it would be for general weight loss.

My best advise for a start would be to go to the home page on this site click "tools" then "the diet" under The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding.

By final days, do you mean the last 2 to 3 days before the competition?

i see the original poster hasn't elablorated on his original pos. so i will give my 5 cents too.

if you want to diet. find out what your calorie requirements are to maintain your lean mass + a bit of BF. then increase cardio to 5 times a week. keeping the heart rate at about 130-140 (age dependant). buy some thermos to help out with the fat burn. maintain a reasonable water intake, infact you'll probbly find it increases. due to the thermos and the extra cardio. weights. keep the weight lower and reps higher. 4x15 ish. get some calipers to monitor your BF loss. watch the mirror and look for results. if you don't see any for a few weeks, tweak the diet to reduce calorie intake. maintain protein intake to maintain muscle mass.

If you are gunning for a show. than about 5 days out you need to slowly bring your water intake down. this will enable the body to release the water without shocking it and making it want to retain the water. that is 5l 6 days out. 4 lt 5 days out, etc to a few sips the day before. this will cut you to shreds if the bf is around 5% or less

I reckon that before a competition you shouldn't start restricting your water intake until Thursday (if it was a saturday morning prejuding) or even as late as thursday afternoon. In the 5-10 days before you start restricting water you should be drinking as much water as poss - in the region of say 10L per day. This tricks the body into flushing out most of its subcutaneous water stores because it doesnt see any reason to hold on to it due to the large supply of water (remember that it is quite common for water retention to occur due to lack of). Therefore, come thursday when you start to restrict water intake, you will still be pissing like a waterfall every frickin 30mins and will take your body some time to realize that there is f*ck all water coming in (say 12-24hours). Once the body catches on it is going retain the body water (or whats left of it) so then bring in the diuretics.

Just my 2 cents.