Dislocated shoulder

BJon11

Hey y'all i had a dislocated shoulder a few weeks ago now.

Does anyone else know anything about/had any experience with this type of injury?

Rugby is three or four weeks away at the moment but I actually think training could be further away than that...... still have a real niggly pain in there

Hey y'all i had a dislocated shoulder a few weeks ago now.

Does anyone else know anything about/had any experience with this type of injury?

Rugby is three or four weeks away at the moment but I actually think training could be further away than that...... still have a real niggly pain in there

Go and see a physio, asap. Don't attempt to lift any upper body weights until it has been treated and re-habed properly. The A/C joint is a very complex mechanism held together by easily stress-able fibres. once stressed, they never really provide the same strength/support again.

I busted my shoulder good (bloody rugby) 6-7 years back, and it still isn't 100% right. The biggest mistake I made was thinking I could get onto a bench press sooner than I actually should of.

gidday

ive dislocated my right shoulder maybe 8 or 9 times and my left a few times.

been to 3 diff physios and recently had my right shoulder reconstructed so I think I can answer most questions u might have if you have a specific ques?

• 1 month later...