NZFBB Wellington Champs - 1 month to go

The first NZFBB event for 2007 - the Wellington Champs, is one month away and everything seems to be on track.

The posters have been printed and are being distributed to various gyms, health clubs, shops etc around the country.

There seems to be a decent number of competitors preparing for this event - some of them will be travelling to Sydney the following week to compete at the IFBB Australasian Champs. At the corresponding event in the past two years (NZFBB Capital Champs) we have had 49 competitors (2005) and 23 (2006). I'm confident we will get 30+ competitors this time.

There are already a number of top competitors commited to this event - including at least one ex overall NZ champion plus others with international competing experience.

I'd highly recommend the VIP tickets for anyone interested in coming to the night show and paying a bit more for some special treatment. These tickets are $55 each for Adults (or $50 each for orders of 5 or more tickets) and entitle the holder to a front/centre seat, plus an invite to the backstage complimentary supper during the interval where some of the top competitors will be preparing to go onstage.

Tickets will be available from Ticketek later this week.

Excellent, 2guns - looking forward to seeing you down here next month!

not competing mate!

just watching, although i wish i had of dieted and been competing at yr comp cause it sounds like its going to be good!

Are you taking all of this yeAR off or competing later in the year?

OK, 2guns - hopefully the next time you come down to Wellington after next month's show will be to compete!

Yes, it should be a great show. It's always difficult to judge how many competitors will turn up at these early events. It's hard enough preparing for events during the "business end" of the season (Sept/Oct) and I really take my hat off to those people who do it this early and then again later in the year.