glutamine

courts

i take Balance glutamine-i swear by it.i think it works gud. 5g am and 5g pm(post w/o)

What does it do for you exactly? - I'm not being an ass, I just never really felt I got much benefit from taking it and wondered what benefit's others got from it....maybe I'm just a non-responder :pfft:

haha not being an ass, dw its fine!!-haha there are heated disscussions about glutamine on forums all over the place :P

well [i believe] it reduces my recovery time-if i dnt take it i feel sorer, and more fatigued the next day

..but then that could just be a mental thing-like i feel 'undersupplemented' if i dont have it..truthfully it could be a case of me tipping $79.90 down the drain evey 2 months, but my trainer tells me to take it, and gosh she has the results so i listen to her :nod:

I used Glutamine for quite a few years consistently. I've recently dropped it & can't say that I notice a difference. I think BCAA's are far superior in terms of recovery. I take 20gm BCAAs straight after workout.

I agree totally.

• 2 weeks later...

Glutamine is a non essential amino so your body will produce it anyway, sure it wont hurt to supplement with it also. My advise would be to up your intake of wpc/wpi as it will have glutamine in it or your body will produce the glutamine from it. Better bang for your buck!

I have used Glut pre contest as a bit of insurance against muscle loss on a low carb diet, hope that makes some sence?

Glutamine is a non essential amino so your body will produce it anyway,

Glutamine is considered a "conditionally" essential amino acid - meaning that the body can produce it from other amino acids, however in hard training individuals the body often can't meet demand. Using a good whey protein definately helps meet that demand, however most guys should benefit from using it. Its the most abundant amino acid in the body, and is used to regulate protein synthesis and degradation, as well as a fuel source by the immune system. It may also help to increase Growth Hormone (GH) levels in the body, and may aid in increasing muscle cell volume, leading to increased pumps and muscle growth. Low levels of glutamine can lead to difficulty in losing fat and low muscle development.

It is recommended to use doses of at least 5 grams per serve as the mucosal cells of the intestinal tract use much of the orally ingested glutamine, and so very little glutamine gets past the stomach unless large amounts are consumed.

Glutamine is a non essential amino so your body will produce it anyway,

Glutamine is considered a "conditionally" essential amino acid - meaning that the body can produce it from other amino acids, however in hard training individuals the body often can't meet demand. Using a good whey protein definately helps meet that demand, however most guys should benefit from using it. Its the most abundant amino acid in the body, and is used to regulate protein synthesis and degradation, as well as a fuel source by the immune system. It may also help to increase Growth Hormone (GH) levels in the body, and may aid in increasing muscle cell volume, leading to increased pumps and muscle growth. Low levels of glutamine can lead to difficulty in losing fat and low muscle development.

It is recommended to use doses of at least 5 grams per serve as the mucosal cells of the intestinal tract use much of the orally ingested glutamine, and so very little glutamine gets past the stomach unless large amounts are consumed.

its one of those things that will or won't work. I haven't noticed anything better in terms of my recovery/muscle soreness from 40-50g of glutamine so I'm just going to continue with my BCAAs.