My Daily Routine, Feedback?

bam bam

Ive just got back into weights the past 3 weeks.

My workout routine is as follows:

Monday- Shoulders

Tuesday- Biceps/Forearms

Wednesday- Chest

Thursday- Triceps/Back

Friday- Abs/Legs

Saturday-Rest

Sunday-Rest

Im trying to bulk up.

I weigh 78Kg,168 cm tall, not too sure on body fat?

My daily food intake is as follows:

6:30 am - Protein Shake (WPC) with trim milk and flaxseed oil,BCAA'S

7:00 am - 3 wheet bix, peach slices, creamed rice and trim milk.

10:00 am - Fruit and nut bar, banana, can tuna

12:00 pm - Bag protein crisps, apple,fruit and nut bar,banana

3:00 pm - can tuna,banana,fruit and nut bar

5:30 pm- Protein shake(WPC) with trim milk and flaxseed oil,

7:30 pm - post workout shake(WPI) in trim milk and flaxseed oil,BCAA'S

8:30 pm - post workout meal- pumpkin,fish pieces,muscles,surimi,

mixed veges and pasta.

10:30 pm - Nighttime protein shake in trim milk and flaxseed oil,BCAA'S

If anyone has any feedback to my current proagramme It would be much appreciated.

(Bulking)

I think that routine and diet looks pretty good - it certainly puts mine to shame right now! :oops:

When I do a 5-day split, I prefer to have a rest day in the middle, rather than 2 rest days at the weekend. I also think training back the day before legs might "pre-fatigue" exercises like squats. So I'd be inclined to do something like this:

Monday- Shoulders

Tuesday- Biceps/Forearms

Wednesday- Chest

Thursday- Rest

Friday- Abs/Legs

Saturday-Triceps/Back

Sunday-Rest

If you'd rather not workout on Saturday, go for a 4-day split, and combine Biceps/Chest into the one day.

Diet looks excellent - it's great that you're eating so regularly. I notice there's a lot of fish in there - that's a good thing, but you might want to consider adding chicken or red meat. Also, what are "bag protein crisps"? I'm intrigued!

If you'd rather not workout on Saturday, go for a 4-day split, and combine Biceps/Chest into the one day.

Would it not be better to work biceps with back and triceps with chest??

Your tris are getting used with chest exercises and your biceps with back exercises are they not?

Would it not be better to work biceps with back and triceps with chest??

Your tris are getting used with chest exercises and your biceps with back exercises are they not?

I agree.

If he works his biceps the day before back day they will be too fatigued for him to work his back properly - same with chest & triceps.

A basic push/pull/legs routine will solve this problem - especially for someone who's just gotten back into it.

Hey Hey,

Cheers for the tips.

I got the protein crisps off http://www.SupplementsOnline.co.nz for about $34 for 12 bags. each bag is 50g net and has 20 g protein.

I eat red meat and eggs maybe once a week, not a lot of chicken.Mostly fish pieces.

I will start adding more carbs to each meal now, I eat multigrain bread with my cans of tuna but rice or something will now be on the menu.

As for the workout routine I will use your advice,thinking about it now you are absolutely correct.

My new workout routine:

Monday Shoulders

Tuesday Back/Biceps

Wednesday Legs/Abs

Thursday Rest

Friday Chest/Triceps

Saturday My choice(Abs Maybe)

Sunday Rest

If he works his biceps the day before back day they will be too fatigued for him to work his back properly - same with chest & triceps.

Sorry - rereading my post, I realise it wasn't very clear. When I suggested combining chest and biceps into one workout, I was meaning something like this...

Monday- Shoulders

Tuesday- Chest/Biceps/Forearms

Wednesday- Rest

Thursday- Abs/Legs

Friday- Triceps/Back

Saturday-Rest

Sunday-Rest

I think Tuesday to Friday should give enough recovery time for biceps and triceps, especially as only one day is a direct hit. Having said that, I hadn't noticed that Bambam was just getting back into it - so for a beginner, I agree it's probably better to train back with biceps, and chest with triceps. (And looking at it again now, my suggestion meant going directly from shoulders to chest, which also is less than ideal. :wink: )

monday - back/hamstrings

tuesday - chest

wednesday - rest

thursday - quads/shoulders

friday - arms

saturday - calfs/abs/forearms/traps etc

sunday - rest

a mate of mine who is starting to get serious is doing this routine and its working well for him.

its good to do it this way especially if u tend to get lazy with yr legs as u cant with this routine.

also i think its important that the individual works out their own routine though, because they know how serious they want to be (its one thing saying yr gonna get back into it and get serious and another thing doing it)

other things to considerr how many rest days u want and yr weaknesses.

its not rocket science making a routine up. and most will work well if everything is in sync

hell, ive been doing the same routine for couple of years and its still working