Powerlifting Benchmarks

Hey MZ

Couple of questions.

What is you Age

What is your Weight

What weight do think you will compete at.

I see by you signature, that you are looking at 550kg is that 200kg Squat 150kg Bench and 200kg dead by the end of the year.

If you are under 24 years old and weigh under 90kg then that total would get you to the Oceania's you would need 595kg to go to the worlds

If you are under 18 then that 550kg would do the Worlds.

If you are in Nelson then I think you come under the Central Districts banner. There are about 3 lifters that compete from Nelson i think maybe 2 at the moment.

We are holding the Central Districts 3 lift Championships here at The House 28th April.

OB 8)

I could squeeze something out between Black and Brown, probably while ripping myself a new one. But it's nice to know that I'd, hypothetically, qualify for NZPF National Junior champs.

After watching your mates Dead the both of you should cross over to The Darkside.

OB 8)

Hey MZ

Couple of questions.

What is you Age

What is your Weight

What weight do think you will compete at.

I see by you signature, that you are looking at 550kg is that 200kg Squat 150kg Bench and 200kg dead by the end of the year.

If you are under 24 years old and weigh under 90kg then that total would get you to the Oceania's you would need 595kg to go to the worlds

If you are under 18 then that 550kg would do the Worlds.

If you are in Nelson then I think you come under the Central Districts banner. There are about 3 lifters that compete from Nelson i think maybe 2 at the moment.

We are holding the Central Districts 3 lift Championships here at The House 28th April.

OB 8)

At the moment my Bench is ~100kg, Squat is ~170kg and Deadlift ~150kg so my goal maybe a little ambitious, but what the hey.

I am 17 (will be in the under 18 grade next year if it's the same as rugby)

I weigh 91.

Probably under 100, you tell me.

I am really keen to compete, if not this year then next year. And my long term goal is to compete at the junior worlds (Under 23's, right?). It's just my progress has been slowed lately by an ongoing back injury especially in Squat and Deadlift.

And thanks for the link big MAC.

I could squeeze something out between Black and Brown, probably while ripping myself a new one. But it's nice to know that I'd, hypothetically, qualify for NZPF National Junior champs.

After watching your mates Dead the both of you should cross over to The Darkside.

OB 8)

No such luck :wink:

Give me a few years to build up some "man-strength"/static strength before I even think of crossing over.