Poor me... :(

I haven't done Squats or Deads for about a month - advice from my chiropractor. Anyway yesterday he said I can start back next week "lightly". What does this mean? Low volume? Light weights? Don't go near failure? I always thought it was heavy or not at all...

Any tips from anyone on how to work my way back into it? I don't want to bugger my back again for a lot of reasons. And I want to be 100% for the week after this week for a PE training program assessment at school.

I've been working my way back into squats & deads also mate. Been out due to a reoccurring back problem. My program has been based around 3 sets of 10 in these exercises. Start off at a very manageable weight so you can start feeling the exercise again & get your form right. Each week then increase the weight slightly. Just don't rush things by piling the weight back on.

I've found squats easier to get back into than deads. My thrid week back into deads I was lifting a very manageable weight & felt my back twinge again. So I've had to stop deadlifting until my back is fully healed. I can still barbell row etc so I can still work on thickness.

On another note I've booked in to see Ray Lala up in Auckland about my back. Don't know much about him just hes apparently the best around for treating back problems. I'm on a 4 month waiting list however which sucks. Anyone used him?

The wife and my daughter have been to Lala he has some preety unusual methods ,However my wife had constant back pain which he took care of in 3 sessions.my daughter has allergies which we are on top of now to so all in all he's pretty good.

Whenever you're restricted to light weights (or even if you just feel like a change), a good technique is to do the exercise ultra-slow. And I mean snail's pace. Count at least 5 seconds up, and 5 seconds down. It's hard - and if it's not, slow it down further. :grin:

but getting off subject a lil, its always a bonus when u get a real hot chick as yr chiro or physio aye

Yeah bro but how often does that happen?

The wife and my daughter have been to Lala he has some preety unusual methods ,However my wife had constant back pain which he took care of in 3 sessions.my daughter has allergies which we are on top of now to so all in all he's pretty good.

That's what i've heard too - 3 sessions & you're done basically. Can't wait to see him.