Chicken or any other meat

Retro Blaster

Just having to look very carefully for a good quality and cheap protien source other than my powders.

Any 1 get cheap chicken breasts or beef?

There's a chicken place in Manukau that always sells 1kg of chicken breasts for $8 - the name escapes me, but its across from McD's and behind the M'kau indoor markets building.

Just having to look very carefully for a good quality and cheap protien source other than my powders.

Any 1 get cheap chicken breasts or beef?

There's a chicken place in Manukau that always sells 1kg of chicken breasts for $8 - the name escapes me, but its across from McD's and behind the M'kau indoor markets building.

Been to that place a few times, it often has good deals, and thier normal prices are not too bad

mad butcher in glen eden ocasionally has s/l b/l chicken breast for $8 a kg

just buy alot if it matters to u, but wats a dollar extra a kg? im sure yr not having tht many kgs a week

The cheapest that I can get s/l b/l chicken breast in Brisbane for is $8.99 & that is when it is on special. Usual price is $12.99. Chicken over here tastes quite bland. I remember that NZ chicken had much more flavour & was a lot more tender & juicy, not requiring much additional flavour, but over here I have to put lots of garlic salt on it to make it taste good.

I really miss those Tegel chickens that you could get from Foodtown - they were simply devine! :)

Big cans of Tuna...$4.20 normal price, down to $3-$4 on special. 2-3 meals from each can.

Egg Whites...4kg container...heaps of meals. Not too pricey either.

Started getting sick of chicken when it was painfully obvious that they are injected/plumped up with water. Got rid of red meat because I don't digest it properly. Noticed very quickly that I stopped feeling bloated, and dropped water without doing anything. Coincidence? I think not....

Yeah I'd like to know where to get a tub of egg whites too. They don't sell it at the Foodtown/Woolworths supermarkets, Googling it didn't help much (although it did turn up an American company that sells 8.5lb tubs of egg whites that apparently Jay Cutler uses, Lara's Egg Whites or something)

• 1 year later...

I went to go buy some chook from this place yesterday but its GONE!

Does anyone know where its moved to?? I still don't know the name of the place, so can't look them up confused.gif

EDIT: I found them! If you know your way around Manukau.. they're behind the Tenpin bowling place :nod:

Boneless chicken breast $10.99

Boneless/skinless chicken tenderloins $12.99

The Chicken Farm Shop

12b Puhinui Road

Manukau City

263 7400

• 2 months later...
I like chicken is it is super versatile and can get put in almost anything. The mad butcher seems to be the cheapest unless you go wholesale. In christchurch the cheapest is about $7.99 a kg

$7.99 Please do tell where my wallet will love you. Cheapest I've found for Skin on Chicken Breast is Mad butcher $9.95 on special.

I like chicken is it is super versatile and can get put in almost anything. The mad butcher seems to be the cheapest unless you go wholesale. In christchurch the cheapest is about $7.99 a kg

$7.99 Please do tell where my wallet will love you. Cheapest I've found for Skin on Chicken Breast is Mad butcher $9.95 on special.

im guessing he means the one on blenheim rd :roll: ive only ever saw it sell once for 7.99/kg...