novice powerlifting comp in aucks?

2guns

Thanks Tonka. I was going to put them into our calendar here, but there are so many events, it might have to wait until I have more time...

Incidentally, why ARE there so many? Wouldn't it be better to hold fewer events with more people?

The first round of comps Feb/March Qualify you for your Regional Championships, there you have to qualify Total Wise for the Nationals, from your regionals.

If you miss the total at the Regionals then you have one last chance in June, for the Nationals in August. There you qualify for Worlds Or

Oceania's, or Masters in October to November. If you miss the total at Nationals then you still have one more shot with your regionals.

The Same applies for Bench Press Champs, do a Novice to get to the Regionals, get the Qualifying Total for Nationals, at Nationals get total to Qualify for Worlds and Masters and Oceania's

Nationals has about a 100 lifters, 2 Days, Oceanias, 150-200, 3 Days Worlds 5 Days

Regionals have up to 40 lifters, 2 Sessions of 2 groups of no more than 15 lifters in each group. A average session is about 3-4 hours of lifting for each lifter.

Where BB might have 2-3 per class or more there may be10 - 20 lifters per weight class. And some might not make the Nationals because their totals were not good enough or there team mates were better. Each region is only allowed so many lifters in each weight/sex/age class 2 per class.

The end of year comps are just blow outs to set yourself up for the following year.

100kg Male Lifter, Under 100kgs

3 Lift Competion

Regionals a Total

Nationals 565kgs

Oceanias 625kgs

Worlds 740kgs

Bench Press

Regionals A Total

Nationals 132.5kgs

Oceania's 150kgs

Worlds 175kgs

These totals get you there but you would only be cannon fodder. A 100kg lifter in NZ is doing 3 time plus body weight ie 300kg+ Squat, 300kg+ Dead lift, and Double body weight bench 200kg+ Bench.

Train hard

Lift Big

Stay Strong

OB1 8)

• 4 weeks later...

OB, TONKA,

hope training is going well for you big boys.

You might have seen my post, Im across the ditch in Sydney now.. working here.

Was looking around for gyms and they only had the usual faggoty commercial gyms (think les mills).

Finally found a university gym that was affordable and had an adjustable squat rack.

Itching to get in it and start deadlifting again !

For those of you body builders who have been enamoured by golds gym and arnies days in it.. drop by the sydney one... its "proudly gay-owned and managed" .. screw asking for a spot in that gym.

train hard !

Was looking around for gyms and they only had the usual faggoty commercial gyms (think les mills).

les mills has fucken good equipment and good hours and if yr keen to just get stuck in and train hard those 2 things are the only 2 things that should matter really in joining a gym.... dnt u think?

and price to some i suppose but if yr paying weekly theya ll pretty much of a muchness.

BTW!! this sunday at club physical newlynn is a novice powerlifting comp,

$10 to enter. enter on the morning, 10am i think? might go along for a watch, or maybe give it a go :pfft:

les mills has fucken good equipment and good hours and if yr keen to just get stuck in and train hard those 2 things are the only 2 things that should matter really in joining a gym.... dnt u think?

Fair enough bro.. Les Mills might have good stuff.. this squat rack was non adjustable.. they had weird benches.. and the weights werent standard weights.. they were these weird plastic/rubber hybrid things.. that you couldnt fit more than 4 onto a barbell..

OB, TONKA,

hope training is going well for you big boys.

You might have seen my post, Im across the ditch in Sydney now.. working here.

Finally found a university gym that was affordable and had an adjustable squat rack.

Itching to get in it and start deadlifting again !

For those of you body builders who have been enamoured by golds gym and arnies days in it.. drop by the sydney one... its "proudly gay-owned and managed" .. screw asking for a spot in that gym.

train hard !

Hey VV good to hear from you mate! I did read your email saying you were heading abroad. So how are our cousins across the ditch treating you? Its a shame you are in Sydney because I dont know of to many strength gyms there BUT it would have been a different story had you been in Melbourne as there are many powerlifting gyms that I could have sent you too. What I will do is ask around and see if there are some NSW powerliftiering gyms/lifters close to you.

Keep well over there mate and dont let the iron win!!

Stay strong

T