SHOULDERS

tallulahangie

Cool - Shoulders My Favourite! Even though I need more growth!

Clean and Jerk is sooo good (if you have enough energy with the diet) great variation to any kind of press cause you incorporate your legs too! - Plus a touch of Cardio.

Swaping between DB and Cables for Lat raises on different days has also helped me too.

Good luck!

Yeah the 'FACE PULLS' are great - My training partner showed me them late last year - really gets those rear delts!!! I felt it the next day that's for sure - as with most new excersises or changing things up!

Fogot to mention that Up right rows are fantastic too (only my opinion).

Fogot to mention that Up right rows are fantastic too (only my opinion).

I've noticed that my wrists & forearms have started playing up on the upright rows as my weight has increased - I might start using the ezy bar for these just so there's not so much sideways pressure on my wrists.

Supersetting rear delt flies and bent over rows hits the rear delts hard. Lots of lateral raises too for lateral delts.

Cammo, try not to grip the bar too hard if you are finding probs with your wrists and forearms. I used to have the same problems on lateral raises until I was told not to hold onto the dumbell too tightly.

I now look very limp wristed when working shoulders!

I've found this routine on T-Nation to be really helpful and go back to it (or routines based on it) from time to time. It's pretty high volume but it changes quickly, so it will shock your body without overtraining.

One point though... I think a lot of the exercises in that routine are just asking for injuries, so I changed them a bit. If you want to try it, let me know, and I'll find out what I substituted instead.

Hey Cammo, it doe's tend to put pressure on the wrists and forearms as the weights increase. I always use the ezi bar when doing these exercises and make sure that you always use straps. Amazing the difference they make and how much heavier you will be able to eventually lift.

Hey Cammo, it doe's tend to put pressure on the wrists and forearms as the weights increase. I always use the ezi bar when doing these exercises and make sure that you always use straps. Amazing the difference they make and how much heavier you will be able to eventually lift.

Cheers khala.

I'll give the ezi bar a go - not so sure I need straps for the rows at this stage though but I'll keep it in mind for later.

Hey Pseudonym that program looks great! However I do believe that you are correct in saying that those exercises are asking for injuries.

I would really appreciate it if you could put together a modified program based on that for me. :)

Sure. I kept it as close to the original as possible, so it might have looked something like this:

Accumulation Block: Shoulder Workout #1

A. Old-Style Military Press - this is fine, keep it.

B. One Arm Cable Lateral Raise - again, fine.

C. Lean Away Lateral Raise - be careful with this one. I think I put my back out here. If it feels like there's too much sideways pressure on your spine, switch to a straight one-arm DB lateral raise (it would give you a better range of motion anyway, IMO)

Accumulation Block: Shoulder Workout #2

A. Snatch-Grip Behind the Neck Press - can't remember what I did here. I think the only change I made was to do it seated rather than standing.

B. Power Upright Rowing - fine, but if it hurts your shoulder joint (it can be quite a shearing motion I'm told), switch to DBs rather than BBs.

C. Incline Rear Delt Raises - best exercise ever.

Phase 2: Intensification Block

A. Push Press - fine

B. Bent Press - very weird exercise. I swapped it for DB side raises - if anyone can think of a better substitute, I'm open to ideas...

C. Single Arm Old-Time Military Press - I don't remember doing this, but I can't remember what I replaced it with. Give it a go.

D. Ahrens Press - I tried these, and it felt like they were about to dislocate my shoulders, so I just did ordinary military press.

Hope that helps. :)