Water or Milk?

tallulahangie

when u guys say u put oats in your shakes. do u use oats strainght from the pack or cooked ones?

havnt tryed this before but might start doing it, good idea! thanks

Dry, uncooked oats.

It might pay to blend them by themselves a bit first as well.

I think milk is important, when doing weight lifting higher rates of Calcium ions are lost in urine, as everyone knows bone is made up mostly by calcium ions.

I also think women should drink signicant amounts of milk because of the onset of osteoparosis (spelling) with long term health in mind.

I also think women should drink signicant amounts of milk because of the onset of osteoparosis (spelling) with long term health in mind.

So your saying its better for females to be having ALL their protien shakes with milk?isn't that jus unessecary calories?

And what if they were lactose intolerant how else could they get calcium?-im not-i just don't like milk...

So your saying its better for females to be having ALL their protien shakes with milk?isn't that jus unessecary calories?

And what if they were lactose intolerant how else could they get calcium?-im not-i just don't like milk...

I wouldn't have all my shakes with milk if I were a woman - lifting weights in itself helps strengthen bones & most that are lifting are also taking some kind of multi-vitamin that should contain calcium.

1 shake a day in milk is plenty for females IMO.

Calcium tablets and just use water with the shakes if you can handle milk.

cool thanks for tha help guys

but why jus one?i was just think of increasing to two-having a shake is a quick easy way of getting protien fix. Using the 1gram of protien per 1pound of bodyweight id be looking at consuming around 125grms of protien which i don't think i can consume from chicken nd 1 shake alone. thoughts?

but why jus one?i was just think of increasing to two-having a shake is a quick easy way of getting protien fix. Using the 1gram of protien per 1pound of bodyweight id be looking at consuming around 125grms of protien which i don't think i can consume from chicken nd 1 shake alone. thoughts?

I have 250gm a day all up and each protein shake I have has 48gm of whey + milk of around 16gm protein. I have three a day + chicken,steak,tuna,salmon and cottage cheese. If you want to grow you need 1.5gm of protein per pound of bodyweight from what I have read and that is what I follow and am gaining around 1kg a week. Cheers 2BulkUp.

1 shake a day in milk was what I was getting at - any other shakes with water :wink:

Im not saying anything like that, however if i was female it would be somthing I would be cautious of.

It is important to ensure you are covering your bases with vitamins and nutrients etc like calcium, whatever gender you may be. You may or may not need milk for that.

It can be hard however making that progression from using milk to then having protein shakes with water, which you tend to have to do if you compete in BB'ing. Since the time of making that transition, I have subsequently always stayed with water, even off-season, otherwise it is simply too hard to revert from milk back to water yet again. Besides, mixing with water has other advantages - such as being more flexible when travelling etc.