Lifting t-shirt quotes, your help needed

big MAC

EU and I are trying to makeGillies ave lifting t-shirts. We want a quote for the back. Fell free to add your own, but these are what we have. It's a predominately Oly lifting gym with some powerlifters.

Get built

"BEND OVER AND LIFT IT AND TRY NOT TO LOOK CONSTIPATED'

Weightlifters get teh chicks

There will be no apparent reward except to know that you did your best

"When anyone tells me I can't do anything...I'm just not listening anymore."

"A gold medal is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it."

"It's blood, sweat, sometimes tears."

"If the bar ain't bendin' then you're just pretendin"

If at first you don’t succeed, you’re average.

If what you did yesterday still looks big to you today, then you must not have done anything today."

You spend a lot of time gripping the weight, but you find out later It was the other way round.

"Passion, not pedigree, will win in the end."

"Training is what you are doing while your opponent is sleeping in."

Success is measured by what we have done to prepare for competition

"If it wasn't for failure, we wouldn't have succeeded."

There will be no apparent reward except to know that you did your best

The ones who want to achieve and win championships motivate themselves

Lifting is life

It’s going to hurt anyway, just increase the weight.

"Don't be so humble--you are not that great."

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it."

"To dream anything you want to--

That is the beauty of the human mind.

To do anything you want to--

That is the strength of the human will.

To trust yourself, to test the limits--

That is the courage to succeed."

---Lindsey Smith

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. Two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Follow me to the dungeon

Dobro squatski (good squat)

You've already got an extract from Henry Rollins' "Iron and the Soul" but I reckon this whole paragraph will do the job if it's printed slightly smaller below the main line:

The Iron never lies to you.

"You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

You've already got an extract from Henry Rollins' "Iron and the Soul" but I reckon this whole paragraph will do the job if it's printed slightly smaller below the main line:

The Iron never lies to you.

"You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

You know, I quite like that idea. Maybe just "The Iron never lies", if they won't allow the whole quote.

This is the one we're leaning towards at the moment.

"The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it."

i like TH's one lol

my personal favourite is "Bigger, Stronger, Faster.. That's ME... What Happened To You?" (but thats already on another brand of tshirts so i guess not huh...)

I'd say i like the "I have found the iron to be the greatest friend. Two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds"

thats great!