Different Flavoured Protein - What's out there ?

Kiwi

Other than the usual Chocolate, Vanilla and Berry flavoured protein powders, what are some really nice more unusual flavours on the market, that are good to add to things like oats etc ? I am currently scrolling the on-line shops to try something new.

So far, I have tasted the Leppin one's like White Chocolate Latte, Candy Banana and Butter Toffee, plus Coconut Blast from another brand, which is also good. I am not so much into Choc-mint.

But I haven't tried ON's Rocky Road flavoured whey, Nutralife's Caramel one or the various Dymatize (non-traditional) flavours - has anyone tested any of these? Also - what else is out there?

I'm certainly no fussy eater, but the one thing I will not touch is a choc-mint protein shake. The theory is great - I love those after-dinner mint chocolates. But it sure doesn't work in practise... I tried one a couple of years ago (can't remember the brand) and it was absolutely foul. I was gagging on it too much to even finish the first shake, let alone the rest of the tub! In fairness, it may have gone off - it kind of had a rancid taste to it. Fortunately the store took it back, but it's put me off choc-mint shakes for life.

:puke:

Thanks guys - I will try out a few new Dymatize flavours (in the smallest size - so I don't end up with a huge tube of some gross mistake).

BTW - I always assumed heaps of BB'ers mix protein powder in their oats/porridge - or is this just me? Vanilla, chocolate, or other interesting flavours gives it variety. I also microwave protein powder (mixed in water with some added sweetner) in a cup 20-30 seconds to make it fudgy or like a muffin. Okay it's a bit rubbery (and probably destroys some of the protein) but it makes a change from protein drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

EAS 100% Whey BANANA has got to be the best. Nice refreshing way (whey!) to start the day with my oats in the morning. Vanilla Whey, oats plus teaspoon of coffee is good too. I mix my EAS 100 % Whey with water and raw rolled oats (sometimes biff in some rasberry betagen if Im on it) but never heat it, just drink it back as is. Easiest breaky I can consume on the way to work that I can think of :nod: and 30 seconds to make too.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd mention PVL Whey Cooler "Cran'Raspberry" I absolutely love the stuff! So much better than having a creamy milkshake type flavour shake in the afternoons when it's hot! And it's great cause it's made to be mixed with water - some shakes just don't taste so great watery. My training partner hates it - she gave me her tub. Anyone else like it or am I the only one?

Other PVL flavours I've had:

Peanutbutter Choc - very sweet, but if you are into peanuts then great.

Mint Choc - ok, boring in Milk, yucky in water, yummy when blended with crushed ice to be like icecream!

Strawberry/Banana - once again ok, boring with Milk but the worst with only water, will try with ice at some stage.

I'm back to a plain protein for competition diet anyhow soon!

Well I ended up buying - thanks to the suggestions - Dymatize Cafe Mocha and I also got out of curiousity Dymatize Butter Cream Toffee. The Cafe Mocha is growing on me (it is unusual but I am really starting to like it) but I absolutely love the Butter Cream Toffee - it is the best flavour yet.

I also reordered some of my other favourite - Pharma Sport Tropical Coconut - which I have with my oats (alternated with the Dymayize Toffee flavour). I like that stuff.

I bought ON's Vanilla Whey - I haven't tried an ON one before and it is okay - nothing special. However I got a free sachet of ON Double Chocolate to try out with a magazine I bought, which is actually pretty damn good. I usually stick with Horley's Chocolate - which is my fav chocolate whey.

I had difficulty getting my usual Leppin Candy Banana - so have tried out Essential Body Protein /Extreme FX whey in banana. Nothing special but okay. Prefer the Leppin flavour - will return to that in the future.

Evie - Next time I may try the Peanut Chocolate. I am not embarrased to admit I have a sweet tooth !

I used to have protein powder on my porridge! :)

I had Dymatize Choc-Mint & I thought it was great until about 1/2 way through...

Pro Active Nutrition has a great chocolate & vanilla powder but unfortunately you can't get that over here. :( Horleys is the best NZ product that I can get my hands on here in Brisbane. (Plus Dr CarbRite Bars are hard to come by!)

because of all your guys reviews i just got:

Dymatize Iced Mocha (yum yum had it just now swear its like a starbucks mocha frappachino :grin: )

And PVL Peanutbutter choc..i luv peanutbutter & choc!!! ..so hopefully its as sweet as Evie says and im goin 2 have it after gym yay

finallly i look forward to my shakes...

because of all your guys reviews i just got:

Dymatize Iced Mocha (yum yum had it just now swear its like a starbucks mocha frappachino :grin: )

And PVL Peanutbutter choc..i luv peanutbutter & choc!!! ..so hopefully its as sweet as Evie says and im goin 2 have it after gym yay

finallly i look forward to my shakes...

Dymatize iced Mocha is awesome. yum yum :grin: