NZ strongest man competition- 18 November 2006

big MAC

Hi guys, NZ strongest man was going to be at Big Boys toys, but it has been moved to the Auckland highland games/strongman. Hopefully I will be competing.

Details:

18 November 2006

Three Kings reserve, Mount Eden

Weigh in 10am

Start 11am

Events:

56lb weight for height

Log clean and press for max weight

Farmers walk, 100kg per hand for 50m

Atlas stones, 80-139kg.

hey bro, could u please explain the events a bit better?

and is it just all open class?

or is there weight categories?

ill probably come for a look if im free

Sure mate. I think the weight classes are under 105kg and over 105kg.

56lb weight for height: 25kg weight with a handle on it, thrown with one hand over standards (like in high jump and polevault). Opening height would be between 9 or 11 feet, NZ record is 16'6. You get 3 attempts at each height.

Log clean and press for max weight: A steel "log" is lifted from the floor to complete lockout overhead. Might get 3 attempts to get the biggest possible weight you can.

Farmers walk: Two suitcases weighing 100kg each are carried for 50metres, winner is the one who completes the distance in the fastest time.

Atlas stones: 5 round stones weighing between 80 and 139kg lifted onto barrels for the fastest time.

sounds hardout!

what will u be big mac? under 100 or over?

maybe i would try it when im round 100kg and stronger lol

so next year hopefully just for fun

I'm weighing about 133, so will do Open men lol. Unfortunately they never have a junior section.

Two suitcases weighing 100kg each are carried for 50metres, winner is the one who completes the distance in the fastest time.

0_o Damn, that sounds pretty damn interesting. Must think it would be cool to compete in an event such as that, or the 'atlas' event =D

Two suitcases weighing 100kg each are carried for 50metres, winner is the one who completes the distance in the fastest time.

0_o Damn, that sounds pretty damn interesting. Must think it would be cool to compete in an event such as that, or the 'atlas' event =D

Hell yeah man. Thats why I'm doing it, for fun.

sounds hardout!

what will u be big mac? under 100 or over?

maybe i would try it when im round 100kg and stronger lol

so next year hopefully just for fun

I'm weighing about 133, so will do Open men lol. Unfortunately they never have a junior section.

Just cut one of your legs off, that should put you under 105kg. We'll put you back together after you're done competing. Just think of multiple rewards that you will be receiving - money, hot girls, people chanting your name as you hobble through the city streets.

Gavin's honor awaits you, how bad do you want it Jono?