False Claims Fined

waldo

That's a very neutral statement, Waldo! I can't read your feelings one way or the other! Care to elaborate on what you think about it? :D

Personally, I have no problems with the judgement at all. If a product is sold on the grounds that it is very effective, surely it should be very effective?

Incidentally, I started a topic related to the Body Enhancer advertising a while back. It's an old topic, but any new opinions would be welcome:

http://www.nzbb.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree entirely. I posted that after a paticularly bad night's sleep (one year old kids) so my brain wasn't too good.

There are many products on the market that don't meet standards set. I'd say it won't be until later on (this year/next year) that regulations are enforced.

The supplement game is sooooo close the old Snake Oil peddlers of old (You feeling disconbobulated?) it's not funny. If regulations were enforced, perhaps a lot of the supplements purchased that consumers get nothing from would be off the market!

Boron, Horny Goat Weed, Sawdust etc!

It's a fine line to walk I know, I think there is currently adequate protection under the consumer rights act. what I am opposed to is the govt and indirectly the big pharmaceutical companies dictating what can and cant be sold to the public.

If you search hard enough you can still find this product for sale. I used to see it on Trademe from time to time. About 6 or 7 years ago I was indirectly associated in the developmental stages of this product and at the time thought I was a crock of sh!t. I'm amazed it lasted so long. From memory you took 15mls at night with a glass of water and it had a tag line something along the lines of "burn fat while you sleep - no exercise or diet required".

This is what is in it:

Demineralised water, Collagen hydrolysate, Glycerine, Centella asiatica, Garcinia cambogia, Inositol, Carnitine L-tartrate, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Camellia sinensis, Lysine, Arginine, Tyrosine, Choline, Methionine, Quercetin, Silymarin, Zea mays, Alpha lipoic acid, Gymnema sylvestre, Guggul, Gingko biloba, Trifolium, Soy isoflavones, Guar gum, Natural sweetener, Aloe vera, Fruit flavour, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Natural food colour, Stabiliser, Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6), Vitamin E, Folate, Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, Sulphur, Sodium, Manganese, Copper, Trace elements (sea salts), Chromium, Selenium, Iodine.

One of the conditions is that you have to use it on an empty stomach and so you couldn't eat for at least 2 or 3 hours before bedtime. There's no way in hell this product could work with those ingredients in it and the levels that would have been in a 15ml serve, however they suckered users into the belief that you had to use it for 6 months to get results. At over $90 a month, and with production costs of what I could only guess at well under $10 a bottle these guys would have made a killing. It was also branded differently under a MLM scheme and sold for a similarly exorbitant price.

I'd say if anyone lost weight while using it, it was because they stopped eating excessively late at night.

If you still want to buy some I can put you onto the manufacturer. Better get in quick though as I hear there is limited supply.

Although if Zenith run out you can get from these guys as well

http://www.deaddoctors.com/html/13207.htm

http://www.herbal-medicine.biz/nutritio ... n_pm.shtml

http://www.souzaoenterprises.com/Tonerthejuice.html

Different name - same great product