Fastfoods bb friendly...

Dyceast

What fastfood stores you think is pretty friendly to eat now and then?

I ordered a foot long roast chicken with wheat bread today. With 2 extra pieces of chicken.

I had a half foot at lunctime. THen 2-3 hours later i had the last half.

U think that was really good fat and carbs wise?

Also the grilled chickens at b.k. They look pretty good.

R these foods really good or not?

Everything in moderation is the key. I dont think there is anything wrong with eating a couple of subs a week, and really unless you are cutting for a show or something the same goes for most similar types of food.

If I have to have MacD's which does happen from time to time I just stay away from things like the fries.

if yr trying to build mass then it shouldnt really matter just when dieting for a show id have only once a week up until the final say two weeks.

alot depends on yr metabolism too. and i heard if yr on the juice u can eat wateva u like pretty much if yr goals are mass

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Genges Restaurant - as far as I know, theres one in Newmarket and Manukau (behind Valentines). You basically pick your raw meats and your raw veges (all in the one bowl) ladle whatever sauce you like over the top of it... then take it over to the chefs and they cook it all in front of you on a huge grill-type top, and you just help yourself to rice or noodles.

Its buffet-style so you can go as many times as you like... all for about $25. Oh, and it includes dessert (only pancakes/icecream n sauce).

Seriously though, The. Best. Restaurant. Ever.

EDIT: Just realised you were after "fast foods"restaurants. In that case, I'd pick subway :pfft:

if yr trying to build mass then it shouldnt really matter just when dieting for a show id have only once a week up until the final say two weeks.

and i heard if yr on the juice u can eat wateva u like pretty much if yr goals are mass

again, just be quiet already

Don't tell anyone, but I'm typing this with one hand and eating KFC with the other. This only happens once every couple of years, I promise! Just enough time for me to forget how much I dislike it. :-$

In happier news, I used a voucher the other day that gave me double meat on a Subway roll. Woohoo! Those are great! I've seen the future of fast-food for bodybuilders, and believe me, it's a foot-long roll with double chicken breast!

sigh, i've been eating takeaways averaging twice a day every day =(

this wont keep u in good shape,

bodybuildings about being oraginsed for the day. so i prepare my food the night before usually takes about an hour or so.

well this is wat the person who i got a diet off tht i use said and its working for me. :wink:

again, just be quiet already

bro wats yr prob? ill post wat i want

I ordered a foot long roast chicken with wheat bread today. With 2 extra pieces of chicken.

I had a half foot at lunctime. THen 2-3 hours later i had the last half.

U think that was really good fat and carbs wise?

Also the grilled chickens at b.k. They look pretty good.

R these foods really good or not?

IMO, subway sammiches are all good. You don't need to have the sauces if its fat youre worried about, and as long as you pick one of the healthier subs and breads (yep, I think wheats the best bet.) Haven't tried the grilled chicken burgers @ BK though.. I try n stay away 'cos I'd be too tempted to order the crap stuff :roll:

It comes down to your cal totals at the end of the day.

Sponge - you might think what 2guns says is silly, but please explain why, rather than telling him to shut up. No-one learns that way.

2guns/Big_J - cool it. There's no need to follow it up with even sillier remarks.

Now back to the important stuff, like food! I have a question regarding the Subway burgers... are the chicken breasts real, or processed? The ones I had looked (and tasted) pretty good, but I didn't really inspect them closely enough to tell. Does anyone know?

subway- the chicken fillet meat is just minced up chicken feet,meat and al sorts of shit i guess u migt call it processed. but im not sure about the chicken teriyaki meat it looks real enough.

i think all their products are processed/modified in some aspect because other wise it would be hard for them to make a profit. ther stock has to last a long time to save them chucking shit out

also i dont think it all just comes down to calories.

i think u can eat less "good calories" and gain more mass than "bad ones"

i.e burger king.

all alot of ppl think about when trying to bulk up (which they actually mean gain muscle) is to eat as much as they can.

imo this just results in them getting fat and not looking like a body builder.

im for staying lean all year round. but thts just me :)

also i dont think it all just comes down to calories.

i think u can eat less "good calories" and gain more mass than "bad ones"

i.e burger king.

all alot of ppl think about when trying to bulk up (which they actually mean gain muscle) is to eat as much as they can.

imo this just results in them getting fat and not looking like a body builder.

im for staying lean all year round. but thts just me :)

?? I didn't really get your post.

True, you don't need to count the calories, but it does help when you come to a sticking point or if you plateau - then you can go back and see where you can add or cut to get out of it.

Everything you eat has a calorific value right?

**Assuming you've figured out what your maintenance calorie intake would be (whether by trial n error or by some formula)..

To maintain your bodyweight/mass, you eat MAINTENANCE calories.

To gain mass (bodyweight) you eat OVER your maintenance calories.

To lose weight, you eat LESS than maintenance.

To avoid getting fat while bulking then you slowly increase your cal intake over your maintenance (eg. increase by 10% for the first couple of weeks, monitor progress, then increase another 10% etc..)

There are many ways to bake a cake... this is just what I find works for me - maybe 'cos I like numbers :roll: and its more sciency (geek alert).

And of course you can gain more mass with "good cals" vs "bad cals" (and vice versa). What's your point?